  • Microsoft
  • Internet
  • Windows XP
May 7, 2005 11:28:06 AM

when I print from the internet the right hand side of the page is always cut
off. How can I make it print the whole page? Making text smaller does not
help.
--
mike 76

More about : printing internet

Anonymous
May 7, 2005 7:00:10 PM

Miss Tick is correct.

The page, as seen on the web site, is formatted for that purpose rather
than conveniently dimensioned to fit on a standard page size. Sometimes
there is a clickable spot on the page, to provide an
equivalent-but-formatted-for-printing, but most often not.

It is sometimes workable to copy the entire page into a word processor
such as Word, make adjustments there and print to a standard page width.
Sometimes it is a great deal of trouble. It depends on how the page was
set up.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

PS
Reading the fantastic manual (RTFM) is always useful. ;-)
TF

"mike 76" <mike76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: when I print from the internet the right hand side of the page is
always cut
: off. How can I make it print the whole page? Making text smaller does
not
: help.
: --
: mike 76
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 10:23:05 PM

mike 76 wrote:
> when I print from the internet the right hand side of the page is
> always cut off. How can I make it print the whole page? Making text
> smaller does not help.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with Windows it is a function of your
printer driver. You either RTFM that came with the unit, or read the help
file.

May 8, 2005 5:13:41 AM

Tom Ferguson schrieb:
> Miss Tick is correct.
>
> The page, as seen on the web site, is formatted for that purpose
rather
> than conveniently dimensioned to fit on a standard page size.
Sometimes
> there is a clickable spot on the page, to provide an
> equivalent-but-formatted-for-printing, but most often not.
>
> It is sometimes workable to copy the entire page into a word
processor
> such as Word, make adjustments there and print to a standard page
width.
> Sometimes it is a great deal of trouble. It depends on how the page
was
> set up.
>
> Tom
> MSMVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> PS
> Reading the fantastic manual (RTFM) is always useful. ;-)
> TF
>
> "mike 76" <mike76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : when I print from the internet the right hand side of the page is
> always cut
> : off. How can I make it print the whole page? Making text smaller
does
> not
> : help.
> : --
> : mike 76

Try Firefox.
In print-preview you can zoom the generated output (not just the view
like in IE).

Dieter
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 2:58:33 PM

"=?Utf-8?B?bWlrZSA3Ng==?=" wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax:
>when I print from the internet the right hand side of the page is always cut
>off. How can I make it print the whole page?

Use any browser but Internet Explorer.

Seriously; that's been my experience.

If the computer you use isn't your own, _sometimes_ printing in
landscape mode will work, at the cost of killing more trees.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
!