POPPY

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

the last few times i have used my printer (epsom c44 inkjet) i have had this
message pop up in the print preview- the system cannot open the watermark
file specified- i had not used it for a while , until the last 2 or 3 weeks,
but i never had this message before , and today , when trying to print photos
using ulead photo express 4.0, i kept getting error messages , and i sent
them to microsoft , but no real outcome, i get the watermark error whether i
use ulead or not, can anyone advise as to why this has suddenly started to do
this, my printer wasnt really used for a while , until the last couple of
weeks ,but as i said , it used to print fine, i am on windows xp service
pack 2, aol 9, thanks

Byte

Do a Google search for Watermark documents on how to remove them.
You'll get many hits and one of them may be your answer.
Another place is the Epson tech support, they also have a Forum and Q&A.
Good luck. :~)
--
Today is the first day of the rest of
your life.

"poppy" wrote:

> the last few times i have used my printer (epsom c44 inkjet) i have had this
> message pop up in the print preview- the system cannot open the watermark
> file specified- i had not used it for a while , until the last 2 or 3 weeks,
> but i never had this message before , and today , when trying to print photos
> using ulead photo express 4.0, i kept getting error messages , and i sent
> them to microsoft , but no real outcome, i get the watermark error whether i
> use ulead or not, can anyone advise as to why this has suddenly started to do
> this, my printer wasnt really used for a while , until the last couple of
> weeks ,but as i said , it used to print fine, i am on windows xp service
> pack 2, aol 9, thanks

Byte

Some additional info for you to check:
Start>Control Panel>Printers and Faxes>rightclick your printer>Printing
Preferences
See if there is a Tab named Effects.
If there is, click it, and check if you have a box named "Watermarks"
If you do, click it and set it to "None", click Apply and OK.
--

"Byte" wrote:

> Do a Google search for Watermark documents on how to remove them.
> You'll get many hits and one of them may be your answer.
> Another place is the Epson tech support, they also have a Forum and Q&A.
> Good luck. :~)
> --
> Today is the first day of the rest of
> your life.
>

> "poppy" wrote:
>
> > the last few times i have used my printer (epsom c44 inkjet) i have had this
> > message pop up in the print preview- the system cannot open the watermark
> > file specified- i had not used it for a while , until the last 2 or 3 weeks,
> > but i never had this message before , and today , when trying to print photos
> > using ulead photo express 4.0, i kept getting error messages , and i sent
> > them to microsoft , but no real outcome, i get the watermark error whether i
> > use ulead or not, can anyone advise as to why this has suddenly started to do
> > this, my printer wasnt really used for a while , until the last couple of
> > weeks ,but as i said , it used to print fine, i am on windows xp service
> > pack 2, aol 9, thanks

POPPY

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

I checked the epson tech pages , but nothing for the error i am getting, i
did as you suggested here , under the page layout tab , there is a box marked
"watermark" and it is set at "none", so i will do the google search and see
what i get , thanks