FR114P detect the printer but doesn't print

I try to print on a HP Laserjet 1005 (Win2000). The configuration
seems to be ok, the spooler handle the print job without error
message, and no print.
What could it be ? Thanks in advance for your help.
Pierre
3 answers Last reply
More about fr114p detect printer doesn print

    Did you delete the original printer install, and re-install it, as a
    networked printer?

    Bill Crocker

    "Pierre Feller" <pierre.feller@bluemail.ch> wrote in message
    > I try to print on a HP Laserjet 1005 (Win2000). The configuration
    > seems to be ok, the spooler handle the print job without error
    > message, and no print.
    > What could it be ? Thanks in advance for your help.
    > Pierre

    What I did:

    - re-install printer driver
    - switch on HP Laserjet 1005 before FR114P
    - change parallel-cable
    - there is a new menu in the firmware, not described in the manual,
    you get it with: 192.168.0.1/techsup.htm . This enable you to print
    directly from FR114P to the printer and to print with a special mode.
    But in my case it didn't help: with each print order the printer
    status change from ready to off-line.

    I am looking now for the possibility to change the handshake-signal
    from "ack and busy" to "busy" but where and how ?

    The HP support informs that the HP Laserjet 1000 family works with a
    hostbased driver and is not able to work as a network-printer ! ? This
    restriction is new for me, what is your experience with what printer ?

Firewalls Hewlett Packard Security Laserjet Printers Networking