FR114P detect the printer but doesn't print

Tags:
  • Firewalls
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Security
  • Laserjet
  • Printers
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
a b α HP
a b 8 Security
April 30, 2004 6:40:20 PM

I try to print on a HP Laserjet 1005 (Win2000). The configuration
seems to be ok, the spooler handle the print job without error
message, and no print.
What could it be ? Thanks in advance for your help.
Pierre

More about : fr114p detect printer print

Anonymous
a b α HP
a b 8 Security
May 2, 2004 12:11:05 PM

Did you delete the original printer install, and re-install it, as a
networked printer?

Bill Crocker

"Pierre Feller" <pierre.feller@bluemail.ch> wrote in message
> I try to print on a HP Laserjet 1005 (Win2000). The configuration
> seems to be ok, the spooler handle the print job without error
> message, and no print.
> What could it be ? Thanks in advance for your help.
> Pierre
Anonymous
a b α HP
a b 8 Security
May 5, 2004 1:30:42 AM

What I did:

- re-install printer driver
- switch on HP Laserjet 1005 before FR114P
- change parallel-cable
- there is a new menu in the firmware, not described in the manual,
you get it with: 192.168.0.1/techsup.htm . This enable you to print
directly from FR114P to the printer and to print with a special mode.
But in my case it didn't help: with each print order the printer
status change from ready to off-line.

I am looking now for the possibility to change the handshake-signal
from "ack and busy" to "busy" but where and how ?
Anonymous
a b α HP
a b 8 Security
May 7, 2004 4:51:44 PM

The HP support informs that the HP Laserjet 1000 family works with a
hostbased driver and is not able to work as a network-printer ! ? This
restriction is new for me, what is your experience with what printer ?
!