HP Laser Jet 4 problems with SP2

I have XP pro SP2 on my desktop, which is unable to print via the parallel
port to my HP LaserJet 4; I have also an Epson Stylus C42UX printer connected
to my desktop via the USB port, which works without problem.
When I connect the Laser Jet to my Dell latitude laptop W2K SP4, via the
parallel port works fine.
Then I made a direct connection with my desktop, via the network card,
sharing the printer in the laptop, and I was able to print in the laser jet
my desktop files.
Somebody knows a way to copy the laptop drivers to my desktop? I want to
connect the laser jet directly to my desktop via the parallel port.
It looks like the SP2 drivers don’t work with my HP laser jet 4.
Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about laser problems

    You might try setting the desktop parallel port to SPP in bios. Windows will
    normally change accordingly after a reboot.

    "xprockie" <xprockie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have XP pro SP2 on my desktop, which is unable to print via the parallel
    > port to my HP LaserJet 4; I have also an Epson Stylus C42UX printer
    > connected
    > to my desktop via the USB port, which works without problem.
    > When I connect the Laser Jet to my Dell latitude laptop W2K SP4, via the
    > parallel port works fine.
    > Then I made a direct connection with my desktop, via the network card,
    > sharing the printer in the laptop, and I was able to print in the laser
    > jet
    > my desktop files.
    > Somebody knows a way to copy the laptop drivers to my desktop? I want to
    > connect the laser jet directly to my desktop via the parallel port.
    > It looks like the SP2 drivers don't work with my HP laser jet 4.
    > Thanks.

Desktops Hewlett Packard Windows XP