Can Print Documents But Can't Print Web Pages

After installing XP SP2 & updates, I can print documents such as MSOffice but
I can't print a webpage which I could before. Any ideas or solutions?
5 answers Last reply
More about print documents print pages

    What is the error message that is appearing when you try to print a webpage.
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "aestest" <aestest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After installing XP SP2 & updates, I can print documents such as MSOffice
    > but
    > I can't print a webpage which I could before. Any ideas or solutions?

    I don't get an error. It doesn't show up as a print job either in the printer
    folder. It is strange because I can print everything except a web page
    (example: online receipt or page in general). The print icon on the toolbar
    shows that a print job was started but nothing happens. I am wondering if it
    could be a setting in the internet tools?
    Thanks for helping!

    In <8A3BC18C-A117-466E-9B58-23E82B21561A@microsoft.com>, "=?Utf-8?B?YWVzdGVzdA==?=" <aestest@discussions.microsoft.com> writes:
    >After installing XP SP2 & updates, I can print documents such as MSOffice but
    >I can't print a webpage which I could before. Any ideas or solutions?

    I have that problem with my bilingual PS/PCL printer. For web pages I select the PCL driver.

    Try using File, Print and ensure you're selecting the correct printer rather
    than use the printer icon on the taskbar.
    --

    >I don't get an error. It doesn't show up as a print job either in the
    >printer
    > folder. It is strange because I can print everything except a web page
    > (example: online receipt or page in general). The print icon on the
    > toolbar
    > shows that a print job was started but nothing happens. I am wondering if
    > it
    > could be a setting in the internet tools?
    > Thanks for helping!
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> What is the error message that is appearing when you try to print a
    >> webpage.
    >> --
    >> Cari
    >> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >>
    >> "aestest" <aestest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > After installing XP SP2 & updates, I can print documents such as
    >> > MSOffice
    >> > but
    >> > I can't print a webpage which I could before. Any ideas or solutions?

    I actually tried that first but it didn't work. The printer is installed and
    shared on a server that has Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 as the
    operating system. Could someone have changed a setting in the server software
    that could cause this?
    Thanks again for your help!

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Try using File, Print and ensure you're selecting the correct printer rather
    > than use the printer icon on the taskbar.
    > --
    > Cari
    > (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >
    > "aestest" <aestest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I don't get an error. It doesn't show up as a print job either in the
    > >printer
    > > folder. It is strange because I can print everything except a web page
    > > (example: online receipt or page in general). The print icon on the
    > > toolbar
    > > shows that a print job was started but nothing happens. I am wondering if
    > > it
    > > could be a setting in the internet tools?
    > > Thanks for helping!
    > >
    > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > >> What is the error message that is appearing when you try to print a
    > >> webpage.
    > >> --
    > >> Cari
    > >> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)