Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Black Mesa

Last response: in Video Games
September 14, 2012 8:34:48 PM

Anyone checked this out yet? Think I'll give it a shot this weekend. It's gotta be worth a go to re-live some Half-Life in plushy graphics :D 

More about : black mesa

September 14, 2012 8:49:01 PM

Just finished downloading it on steam. Gah, too bad retail version isn't available, I hate steam :D 
Score
September 14, 2012 8:53:05 PM

Sunius said:
Just finished downloading it on steam. Gah, too bad retail version isn't available, I hate steam :D 

Ha..yeah I'm gonna set it to download tonight. Game on in the morning!

Score
Related resources
September 14, 2012 10:32:28 PM

eek, lots of leachers still on the torrent :p 
Score
September 14, 2012 11:43:51 PM

Sunius said:

Where on Steam is it even available? I'm downloading from a mirror for what looks like a standalone .zip atm.
Score
September 14, 2012 11:47:06 PM

Hi :) 

Its NOT available on Steam , although it will go into your Steam list in Library once installed...

Get it from a link on www.blackmesasource.com/

Its a 3.1 gb zip....

I am about half way through the game at the moment :) 

Good graphics to go with a great game...

All the best Brett :) 
Score
September 15, 2012 5:55:09 AM

Yes that's what I meant. It's a 3 GB file to download, but it's still a steam game when you install it... Sorry if I caused confusion :p .
Score
September 15, 2012 9:47:03 AM

octoberhungry said:
Ha..yeah I'm gonna set it to download tonight. Game on in the morning!

:??:  It only takes about 28 minutes to download not a whole night.
Score
September 15, 2012 11:18:43 AM

Mousemonkey said:

Good point! I just meant that I'd be at the pub so would have to download it after and play this morning! As is happens I totally forgot to download it after the pub. haha shocker!
Score
September 15, 2012 11:26:43 AM

octoberhungry said:
Good point! I just meant that I'd be at the pub so would have to download it after and play this morning! As is happens I totally forgot to download it after the pub. haha shocker!

Fair point, well made! :lol: 
Score
September 15, 2012 6:42:23 PM

Mousemonkey said:

Whoa, that's a lot. Took me just over 4 minutes :S.
Score
September 15, 2012 6:51:18 PM

Sunius said:
Whoa, that's a lot. Took me just over 4 minutes :S.

My connection may be slow but it is cheap and unlimited.
Score
September 15, 2012 7:50:48 PM

Mine is unlimited as well, so how much do you pay? :D  I pay 13 euros a month!
Score
September 15, 2012 7:53:48 PM

Mine costs me a tenner a month and includes the phone line which also has unlimited local calls.
Score
September 15, 2012 8:00:13 PM

I hate steam :D[/quotemsg said:

I hope the god of gaming smites ye heathen
Score
September 15, 2012 8:08:08 PM

Why? Do you enjoy advertisements popping up everytime you alt tab? Do you like your games taking 30 secs longer to launch because steam has to update itself?

Mousemonkey said:
Mine costs me a tenner a month and includes the phone line which also has unlimited local calls.

Cool :) .
Score
September 15, 2012 8:09:06 PM

Sunius said:
Cool :) .

Thanks. :sol: 
Score
September 15, 2012 10:04:59 PM

Just started playing it this afternoon. Haven't played HL1 since back when HL2 was new. I enjoyed HL2 so much back then, that I downloaded the old HL and played it about half way through. Then got tired of the old looking graphics and gave up, I guess. Black Mesa appears to be true to the original and muuuuch better graphically. Now maybe I'll be able to finish it... if I can get past some of the tougher puzzles.
Score
September 15, 2012 11:09:35 PM

Hi :) 

Just got to the surface ...lol...

All the best Brett :) 
Score

Best solution

September 16, 2012 5:16:34 AM

I played it in dark room. I might add that all those years ago I either didn't understand the story at all, or I had nerves of steel. The game is god damn scary, especially when you go through dark pipes, and you clear zombies on the other side... And I don't even want to consider how Gordon feels!
September 16, 2012 2:32:16 PM

Sunius said:
I played it in dark room. I might add that all those years ago I either didn't understand the story at all, or I had nerves of steel. The game is god damn scary, especially when you go through dark pipes, and you clear zombies on the other side... And I don't even want to consider how Gordon feels!

It's amazing how games have changed since the 1990's. I miss the 'old school' shooters like HL. I guess today's generation prefers playing Tag with guns.

I never finished the original HL. I got stuck on the dexterity-required puzzle where Gordon has to jump from one spinning centrifuge to the next to get past the section. At least I think that was what was going on. My memory has faded a bit since I played it years ago.
Score
September 23, 2012 4:12:14 AM

Best answer selected by octoberhungry.
Score
September 23, 2012 9:26:49 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!