Halo 4 tablet integration

PTNLemay

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
I've heard that Halo 4 is going to utilize some of the "Xbox Glass" features. Namely the ones that use a tablet. Something along the lines of syncing your tablet with the game and using it as a mini-map while you play the actual game on your TV.

Has anyone heard of any compatibility list, to know which tablets are going to work with this? I seriously hope they don't make it Windows RT/Windows 8 exclusive... because really very few people are going to have those when the game comes out. Any chance that iOS or Android devices will work? I personally have a first gen iPad that works fine, and I'd love to be able to use it with games like that. On it's own the tablet is kinda crap for games (I hate virtual joysticks with a passion), but I can totally see it work as an enhancement for conventional desktop and PC gaming.

JBB-SaDo

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2012
http://www.cultofmac.com/171305/xbox-smart-glass-will-let-you-beam-parts-of-your-favorite-games-to-your-iphone-or-ipad/

"Xbox Live Companion would work like this: owners of iOS, Android or Windows phones (or tablets) download the Xbox Live Companion application to their devices. Then, developers of console games will have the option of coding in features that would allow those games to send content to the app while the game was running, transforming it into a personalised “companion” of the title being played.
An example we heard from this source was Halo 4: start playing the game on Xbox 360 and, if you’ve got XBLC on your phone or tablet, it will become a Halo 4 companion application. Turn the game off and switch to something else that the app supports and it suddenly becomes your companion for that game."