printing problems

i had just recently brought in my canon BJC 210 to from m'sia to
singapore.when i plugged it into my laptop it was not printing right.it only
prints these:###$$%@^&*(these are what the computer prints0.pls help
me......i'm gettin insane here!

Uninstall the printer using the instruction at:

STOP at step 5.

Go to the Control Panel and click on Printers & Faxes. Use the Add Printer
Wizard to install the printer as the only drivers supporting this printer
are included in XP.

Do NOT connect the printer until the Wizard tells you to do so.

If it still prints garbage, it might be that the printer suffered some
damage in the move from Malaysia to Singapore and it's time to get a new
one. The BJC-210 was originally designed in the days of Windows 3.1 so it's
over 10 years old and has had a good life. It's probably time to think
about a newer USB printer.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)