Decent Gaming Red LED Backlit Keyboard and Gaming Mouse $50Budget

Reatos

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
So I am on a $50 budget for both the Red LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard and the Gaming FPS (First Person Shooter) Mouse, maybe up o $60 if I have too! (Unincluding tax of course.)

jay2577

Honorable
I don't know about a mouse but one of my keyboards in my house is the Xenta Illuminated Multimedia Keyboard.

http://www.ebuyer.com/277238-xenta-illuminated-multimedia-keyboard-cg-el2027m

It's £14.99 in my country and you can have the keys on red or blue. It is a good keyboard and if available in dollars for the same kind of money it might suit your needs.I don't have an illuminated mouse and don't really want to recommend something i haven't used before. I hope this helps you :)

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

What? It's one thing to note that mechanical keyboards are nice for touch typists, but it's another to insert a line like "if you don't type too much this rubber dome keyboard would be good" implying that there is some amount of typing beyond which a mechanical keyboard would become a necessity. I love my Das as much as the next guy but let's not overhype mechanical keyboards. It would still take years to wear out a Sidewinder X4 and the "feel" should be good in the hands of 99% of people using computers.

@OP: for $50.00 combined I'm afraid I can't really think of any "good for gaming" specific keyboard and mouse combo that would meet that requirement, but I would recommend a Logitech G400 mouse if you're a right hander and if it's comfortable to you, because it's one of the best mice that you can buy period in terms of hardware and it's only about 34.99, leaving you another 15 bucks of wiggle room to pick up a generic keyboard (of which the quality is less important than the mouse, given your budget).

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
It's not about wearing it down, it just feels sluggish while typing a lot ... to some people at least. It does have a certain amount of anti ghosting and it's illuminated as requested by the OP, though. :p

Besides, I would never dare to compare my recommendation (based on his budget and gaming orientated use) to a real mechanical keyboard costing way more...

BTW, I'd get a Sharkoon FireGlider mouse over that Logitech one. I own two of them for a long time now and am still satisfied, especially considering the price.

After all peripherals are quite a personal choice, besides of the obvious budget factor. ;)

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Never used a Sharkoon product (aside from testing one of their headsets which I believe was rebranded), but only recommending the G400 based on the reputation of its new sensor. How's the sensor in the Sharkoon?

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Not using a mousepad, but only a rough wooden table, the mouse reacts fast and more importantly precise. You can adjust the DPI, up to about 3600, iirc. Love the weight adjustment of that mouse, too. What really made me smile was the fact that it survived a full cup of hot coffee my girlfriend threw at it. Dried for 2 days and worked just fine after that. :D