Can a 6100 and 4500 use the same charger?

Last response: in Network Providers
April 3, 2005 11:25:58 AM

Hi there,

Does anyone know if the LG VX6100 and VX4500 can use the same charger?
They *look* like they have the same plug. My girlfriend hates the
4500's cradle and would rather use my cable charger (the kind where you
remove the rubber cap and plug it into the bottom of the phone). I'm
afraid to just go for it and plug it in to see, though.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Jeff

More about : 6100 4500 charger

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 1:39:40 PM

My wife is the same way with the 4500 cradle. She keeps thinking she's
going to break it, especially taking it out. I have to admit, it is
different and I honestly think after time, something is going to break.
(You can't snap and un-snap forever, something's gotta give).

I would like to know this also. If no post's by tomarrow, I'll go check
for myself and post back.

--
bossdragon
April 3, 2005 3:31:51 PM

My wife & I both have had the LG VX4400 with the charging cradles for over 2
years and they still work just fine. Put the phone in the cradle toward the
back then pull forward to lock it in. When removing the phone from the
cradle push it back till it clicks. This works for the 4400 - I am not sure
about the 4500.

In news:bossdragon.1mx3d4@nospam.cellphoneforums.net,
bossdragon <bossdragon.1mx3d4@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> typed:
> My wife is the same way with the 4500 cradle. She keeps thinking she's
> going to break it, especially taking it out. I have to admit, it is
> different and I honestly think after time, something is going to
> break. (You can't snap and un-snap forever, something's gotta give).
>
> I would like to know this also. If no post's by tomarrow, I'll go
> check for myself and post back.
>
> Jeff B Wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Does anyone know if the LG VX6100 and VX4500 can use the same
>> charger? They *look* like they have the same plug. My girlfriend
>> hates the 4500's cradle and would rather use my cable charger (the
>> kind where you
>> remove the rubber cap and plug it into the bottom of the phone). I'm
>> afraid to just go for it and plug it in to see, though.
>>
>> Many thanks for your thoughts.
>>
>> Jeff
April 4, 2005 2:01:46 AM

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 07:25:58 -0700, Jeff B <noone@nowhere.com> wrote:
>Does anyone know if the LG VX6100 and VX4500 can use the same charger?

Seems to be a different one.

You can get a factory original 4500 charger for $20 here:
http://www.cellularaccessory.com/sgct0002701.html

--
Bob Scheurle | "There's nobody getting
njtbob@X-verizon-X.net | rich writing software."

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 09:39:40 -0500, bossdragon
<bossdragon.1mx3d4@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
>My wife is the same way with the 4500 cradle. She keeps thinking she's
>going to break it, especially taking it out. I have to admit, it is
>different and I honestly think after time, something is going to break.
>(You can't snap and un-snap forever, something's gotta give).

Our 4500 just sits on the desktop charger. It doesn't snap in or
anything. And it doesn't always make good contact, either.

--
Bob Scheurle | "There's nobody getting
njtbob@X-verizon-X.net | rich writing software."
Remove X's and dashes | -- Bill Gates, March 1980
April 4, 2005 5:56:59 AM

"Jeff B" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Does anyone know if the LG VX6100 and VX4500 can use the same charger?
> They *look* like they have the same plug. My girlfriend hates the
> 4500's cradle and would rather use my cable charger (the kind where you
> remove the rubber cap and plug it into the bottom of the phone). I'm
> afraid to just go for it and plug it in to see, though.
>
> Many thanks for your thoughts.
>
> Jeff

No, they aren't the same. There are 3 different LG chargers that have been
out in past 3 years.

510/3100/4400 are the same.
4500/4600/6000 are the same
3200/4700/6100/7000/8000 are the same.

KC

--
Verizon Wireless w/LG 7000 Black
Nextel w/Blackberry 7520

Need Verizon/Alltel/Nextel accessories but don't want to pay retail? Check
my Ebay store.
http://stores.ebay.com/totalwireless?refid=store
!