Solved

Higher Gaming resolutions in future?? HELP plz

so im going to get the gtx 660 ti but im wondering:

1 are we going to change to higher resolutions in games like 2560x1600 in the next 4-5 years???

2 should I get a 7950 or buy a cheap card then upgrade later IF we change to 2560x1600?

all coments and thoughts are appreciated!!
thanks! :)
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about higher gaming resolutions future
  1. Best answer
    Even if you bought a 660ti now, do you think that you'd be happily gaming with it in 4-5 years? That card doesn't have that kind of lifespan vs. the rate of increasing game demands.

If you're shopping now I'd recommend the 7950 or save another paycheck and go for a 670.

You probably won't see 2560x1600+ becoming ubiquitous anytime soon since there isn't a major push for televisions to go beyond 1920x1080 at the moment and television resolution is what has pushed 16:9 to become more common in PC monitors than 16:10.
  2. im kinda on a budget so i dont have alot of money

should i get a ok card like the 560 ti and upgrde in 2-3 years or get a 7950?
  3. awesomedude911 said:
    im kinda on a budget so i dont have alot of money

should i get a ok card like the 560 ti and upgrde in 2-3 years or get a 7950?

No matter what card you buy today you will have to upgrade it in 3 years MAX.
  4. the 560ti is a very good card , u will think to change it maybe after 2 or 3 years , whats your pc spec. btw ?
  5. mrdowntownkiller said:
    the 560ti is a very good card , u will think to change it maybe after 2 or 3 years , whats your pc spec. btw ?

why would you buy a 560ti now?
  6. 3570k
    haf912
    ocz700w
    asrock ex4

i might buy a 560 ti because it would play bf3 on medium and keep me going for a while.

note i dont have alot of money left
  7. 560ti @1080p would play it on all high actually with 0x msaa.
  8. idroid said:
    why would you buy a 560ti now?

he asked what is the gpu that can let him play bf3 in good resolution and save some money at the same time so thats why i told him to buy it , and btw u can play bf3 in high settings or even ultra smoothly with the GTX 560ti .
  9. Games already support 2560x1600 resolution.

I find it very difficult to believe any game in the future will only support nothing less than 2560x1600. A 2560x1600 is pretty expensive and large. Also a GPU (or two) necessary to drive games at that high resolution will be expensive.
  10. idroid said:
    No matter what card you buy today you will have to upgrade it in 3 years MAX.

Assuming you do not accept anything less than high or ultra graphic settings.

My Radeon HD 5850 is 3 years old now and it is still capable of playing games today (1920x1200 resolution). I'm not a hardcore gamer so medium graphics quality is fine. If I don't get enough performance with everything set to medium quality, then I'll upgrade.
  11. mrdowntownkiller said:
    he asked what is the gpu that can let him play bf3 in good resolution and save some money at the same time so thats why i told him to buy it , and btw u can play bf3 in high settings or even ultra smoothly with the GTX 560ti .

Bad advice. GTX 660 costs the same and is much faster.
  12. jaguarskx said:
    Assuming you do not accept anything less than high or ultra graphic settings.

My Radeon HD 5850 is 3 years old now and it is still capable of playing games today (1920x1200 resolution). I'm not a hardcore gamer so medium graphics quality is fine. If I don't get enough performance with everything set to medium quality, then I'll upgrade.

i am not a hardcore gamer either, i play about 3-4 hours a week MAX but i can not play without all the eye candy things turned on.
  13. Sunius said:
    Bad advice. GTX 660 costs the same and is much faster.

yea its weard i checked now newegg and it has the same price as u said but in my country it costs u about 40$ more , am sorry for that :/
  14. Best answer selected by awesomedude911.
  15. thx guys i think the 560 ti is no tmoving in its price so i think i will get the 7950! :D
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Gtx Gaming Video Games