Print from DOS not working

I run 2 DOS based programs. I have always been able to print from them in win
XP but they have suddenly decided to stop printing. I don't know what has
caused them to stop printing. I can't print from the command prompt either.

I can still print from windows based programs and I have tried installing an
up to date printer driver but that had no effect.

Byte

Print From DOS with WindowsXP
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
--
Today is the first day of the rest of
your life.

"halpinj" wrote:

> I run 2 DOS based programs. I have always been able to print from them in win
> XP but they have suddenly decided to stop printing. I don't know what has
> caused them to stop printing. I can't print from the command prompt either.
>
> I can still print from windows based programs and I have tried installing an
> up to date printer driver but that had no effect.

The printer is a local printer and is connected via the parallel port and so
after reading that help file I should not have to do anything. Would
following the steps further down make any difference?

"Byte" wrote:

> Print From DOS with WindowsXP
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
> --
> Today is the first day of the rest of
> your life.
>

> "halpinj" wrote:
>
> > I run 2 DOS based programs. I have always been able to print from them in win
> > XP but they have suddenly decided to stop printing. I don't know what has
> > caused them to stop printing. I can't print from the command prompt either.
> >
> > I can still print from windows based programs and I have tried installing an
> > up to date printer driver but that had no effect.

Byte

Posssibly, only you would know and see that.