Printer does not print

Please help.
I got a new Samsung laser/scaner/copier printer but it does not print.
Connected printer to another computer, it prints OK. Changed the mother
board, cpu, memory, AGP card (but keep old hard disk & Window XP, CD ROM), it
still does not print. Changed USB cable & tried to parallel port but no luck.
The computer recognizes the printer & install OK, got printer ready from
control panel. No hardware/port conflict. Try Windows printing
troubleshoot, no luck. Can order printer to make xerox but not print from
file. Can not print from command prompt. When order to print a web page,
got unspecified error from URL: line 1174 character 1, file
C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg. Try printing from different
programs, no luck. I would appreciate if anyone can help.
3 answers Last reply
More about printer print

    Sounds like the spooler on the printer is not activating:
    Start Printer Spooler
    http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
    --
    Today is the first day of the rest of
    your life.

    "Tisco" wrote:

    > Please help.
    > I got a new Samsung laser/scaner/copier printer but it does not print.
    > Connected printer to another computer, it prints OK. Changed the mother
    > board, cpu, memory, AGP card (but keep old hard disk & Window XP, CD ROM), it
    > still does not print. Changed USB cable & tried to parallel port but no luck.
    > The computer recognizes the printer & install OK, got printer ready from
    > control panel. No hardware/port conflict. Try Windows printing
    > troubleshoot, no luck. Can order printer to make xerox but not print from
    > file. Can not print from command prompt. When order to print a web page,
    > got unspecified error from URL: line 1174 character 1, file
    > C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg. Try printing from different
    > programs, no luck. I would appreciate if anyone can help.

    I tried running Samsung printer diagnotic program, got the message: "It can
    not find the langulage pack". What is the "langulage pack"? Is it part of
    Window XP or part of Samsung driver?

    "Tisco" wrote:

    > Please help.
    > I got a new Samsung laser/scaner/copier printer but it does not print.
    > Connected printer to another computer, it prints OK. Changed the mother
    > board, cpu, memory, AGP card (but keep old hard disk & Window XP, CD ROM), it
    > still does not print. Changed USB cable & tried to parallel port but no luck.
    > The computer recognizes the printer & install OK, got printer ready from
    > control panel. No hardware/port conflict. Try Windows printing
    > troubleshoot, no luck. Can order printer to make xerox but not print from
    > file. Can not print from command prompt. When order to print a web page,
    > got unspecified error from URL: line 1174 character 1, file
    > C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg. Try printing from different
    > programs, no luck. I would appreciate if anyone can help.

    Never heard of this "animal". Did you install the application that came with
    the printer first? During the installation it will tell you when to plug
    the printer
    in to the PC, and NOT before.
    --

    "Tisco" wrote:

    > I tried running Samsung printer diagnotic program, got the message: "It can
    > not find the langulage pack". What is the "langulage pack"? Is it part of
    > Window XP or part of Samsung driver?
    >
    > "Tisco" wrote:
    >
    > > Please help.
    > > I got a new Samsung laser/scaner/copier printer but it does not print.
    > > Connected printer to another computer, it prints OK. Changed the mother
    > > board, cpu, memory, AGP card (but keep old hard disk & Window XP, CD ROM), it
    > > still does not print. Changed USB cable & tried to parallel port but no luck.
    > > The computer recognizes the printer & install OK, got printer ready from
    > > control panel. No hardware/port conflict. Try Windows printing
    > > troubleshoot, no luck. Can order printer to make xerox but not print from
    > > file. Can not print from command prompt. When order to print a web page,
    > > got unspecified error from URL: line 1174 character 1, file
    > > C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg. Try printing from different
    > > programs, no luck. I would appreciate if anyone can help.

Printers Windows XP