Printer does not print

May 20, 2005 1:20:01 AM

Please help.
I got a new Samsung laser/scaner/copier printer but it does not print.
Connected printer to another computer, it prints OK. Changed the mother
board, cpu, memory, AGP card (but keep old hard disk & Window XP, CD ROM), it
still does not print. Changed USB cable & tried to parallel port but no luck.
The computer recognizes the printer & install OK, got printer ready from
control panel. No hardware/port conflict. Try Windows printing
troubleshoot, no luck. Can order printer to make xerox but not print from
file. Can not print from command prompt. When order to print a web page,
got unspecified error from URL: line 1174 character 1, file
C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg. Try printing from different
programs, no luck. I would appreciate if anyone can help.

More about : printer print

May 20, 2005 10:48:03 AM

Sounds like the spooler on the printer is not activating:
Start Printer Spooler
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
--
Today is the first day of the rest of
your life.

"Tisco" wrote:

> Please help.
> I got a new Samsung laser/scaner/copier printer but it does not print.
> Connected printer to another computer, it prints OK. Changed the mother
> board, cpu, memory, AGP card (but keep old hard disk & Window XP, CD ROM), it
> still does not print. Changed USB cable & tried to parallel port but no luck.
> The computer recognizes the printer & install OK, got printer ready from
> control panel. No hardware/port conflict. Try Windows printing
> troubleshoot, no luck. Can order printer to make xerox but not print from
> file. Can not print from command prompt. When order to print a web page,
> got unspecified error from URL: line 1174 character 1, file
> C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg. Try printing from different
> programs, no luck. I would appreciate if anyone can help.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 10:49:11 AM

I tried running Samsung printer diagnotic program, got the message: "It can
not find the langulage pack". What is the "langulage pack"? Is it part of
Window XP or part of Samsung driver?

"Tisco" wrote:

> Please help.
> I got a new Samsung laser/scaner/copier printer but it does not print.
> Connected printer to another computer, it prints OK. Changed the mother
> board, cpu, memory, AGP card (but keep old hard disk & Window XP, CD ROM), it
> still does not print. Changed USB cable & tried to parallel port but no luck.
> The computer recognizes the printer & install OK, got printer ready from
> control panel. No hardware/port conflict. Try Windows printing
> troubleshoot, no luck. Can order printer to make xerox but not print from
> file. Can not print from command prompt. When order to print a web page,
> got unspecified error from URL: line 1174 character 1, file
> C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg. Try printing from different
> programs, no luck. I would appreciate if anyone can help.
May 20, 2005 5:19:47 PM

Never heard of this "animal". Did you install the application that came with
the printer first? During the installation it will tell you when to plug
the printer
in to the PC, and NOT before.
--

!