Kerio 2.1.5 error message

I have a question about Kerio 2.1.5.

I installed it and get this message when running it:

"FwDrvReadInstr: Unknown Code: CC"

After I click "OK" on the dialogue box, it seems to run fine though.

I did install it over Tiny Personal Firewall 2.0.15 (which ran fine) but
get that message. So I uninstalled Kerio 2.1.5 and re-installed Tiny
2.0.15, and Tiny still runs fine. But when I uninstall it and re-install
Kerio 2.1.5 (even after uninstalling Tiny first, Kerio again gives me that
message. I'm running it on Windows 98. Does Kerio 2.1.5 not like Win98?
Tiny sure does.

Help! Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

Steve
2 answers Last reply
More about kerio error message

    On Sat, 01 May 2004 17:05:12 GMT, Steve <Steve@nowhere.com> wrote:

    >I have a question about Kerio 2.1.5.
    >
    >I installed it and get this message when running it:
    >
    >"FwDrvReadInstr: Unknown Code: CC"
    >
    >After I click "OK" on the dialogue box, it seems to run fine though.
    >
    >I did install it over Tiny Personal Firewall 2.0.15 (which ran fine) but
    >get that message. So I uninstalled Kerio 2.1.5 and re-installed Tiny
    >2.0.15, and Tiny still runs fine. But when I uninstall it and re-install
    >Kerio 2.1.5 (even after uninstalling Tiny first, Kerio again gives me that
    >message. I'm running it on Windows 98. Does Kerio 2.1.5 not like Win98?
    >Tiny sure does.
    >
    >Help! Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.
    >
    >Steve

    Kerio 2.1.5 is normally fine on Win98. I've been using it since
    I uninstalled Tiny two years ago.

    Both programs, according to my old installation records, have these
    two identical entries in the registry regarding 'fwdrv'.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\fwdrv "START"
    Type: REG_DWORD
    Data: 00, 00, 00, 00
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\fwdrv
    "STATICVXD"
    Type: REG_SZ
    Data: fwdrv.vxd

    Your over install of Kerio on top of Tiny may have messed something
    up that the uninstall can not correct.

    Suggest you pose your question on the Kerio forum.

    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/kerio

    BoB

    BoB <me@privacy.net> wrote in

    > Suggest you pose your question on the Kerio forum.
    >
    > http://www.dslreports.com/forum/kerio
    >
    > BoB

    Thanks for the info Bob. I'll check it out.

Firewalls Tiny Error Message Networking