Kerio 2.1.5 error message

Last response: in Networking
Share
May 1, 2004 9:05:12 PM

I have a question about Kerio 2.1.5.

I installed it and get this message when running it:

"FwDrvReadInstr: Unknown Code: CC"

After I click "OK" on the dialogue box, it seems to run fine though.

I did install it over Tiny Personal Firewall 2.0.15 (which ran fine) but
get that message. So I uninstalled Kerio 2.1.5 and re-installed Tiny
2.0.15, and Tiny still runs fine. But when I uninstall it and re-install
Kerio 2.1.5 (even after uninstalling Tiny first, Kerio again gives me that
message. I'm running it on Windows 98. Does Kerio 2.1.5 not like Win98?
Tiny sure does.

Help! Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

Steve

More about : kerio error message

May 3, 2004 12:19:30 AM

On Sat, 01 May 2004 17:05:12 GMT, Steve <Steve@nowhere.com> wrote:

>I have a question about Kerio 2.1.5.
>
>I installed it and get this message when running it:
>
>"FwDrvReadInstr: Unknown Code: CC"
>
>After I click "OK" on the dialogue box, it seems to run fine though.
>
>I did install it over Tiny Personal Firewall 2.0.15 (which ran fine) but
>get that message. So I uninstalled Kerio 2.1.5 and re-installed Tiny
>2.0.15, and Tiny still runs fine. But when I uninstall it and re-install
>Kerio 2.1.5 (even after uninstalling Tiny first, Kerio again gives me that
>message. I'm running it on Windows 98. Does Kerio 2.1.5 not like Win98?
>Tiny sure does.
>
>Help! Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.
>
>Steve

Kerio 2.1.5 is normally fine on Win98. I've been using it since
I uninstalled Tiny two years ago.

Both programs, according to my old installation records, have these
two identical entries in the registry regarding 'fwdrv'.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\fwdrv "START"
Type: REG_DWORD
Data: 00, 00, 00, 00
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\fwdrv
"STATICVXD"
Type: REG_SZ
Data: fwdrv.vxd

Your over install of Kerio on top of Tiny may have messed something
up that the uninstall can not correct.

Suggest you pose your question on the Kerio forum.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/kerio

BoB
May 4, 2004 4:39:48 AM

BoB <me@privacy.net> wrote in

> Suggest you pose your question on the Kerio forum.
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/kerio
>
> BoB

Thanks for the info Bob. I'll check it out.
!