Scott

I must use wordpad in windows xp to print out several different documents
opened separately and one at a time every day. Each time I open the the text
file I have to reset the prinitng options "landscape" "scale" etc...

Is there anyway to set wordpad to print using default settings for scale and
orientation?

"scott@boeing" <scott@boeing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:ED6CEA3D-2AE9-4A73-9B8C-DFA9CDED5C1D@microsoft.com...
>I must use wordpad in windows xp to print out several different
>documents
> opened separately and one at a time every day. Each time I open
> the the text
> file I have to reset the prinitng options "landscape" "scale"
> etc...
>
> Is there anyway to set wordpad to print using default settings for
> scale and
> orientation?

Printer default settings are set under Printers and Faxes. Any
setting changes made with the application are not permanent except
in some poorly programmed applications.

--
Earl F. Parrish

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

I beg to differ. The ops system has the responsibility of going back to a
known state after an application is closed. Things get complicated when a
non ops system driver is involved, but that does not relieve the
responsibility. If the ops system can do nothing more than call the printer
driver with some sort of return to default, it should do so. The alternative
would be to return to the "dark ages", and have the application totally
control the printer. Admittedly, the windows only printers and supporting
software pose a more complex problem than the older text and graphics
printers.

"Chuck" <charles.kuder@alphadata.com> wrote in message

> I beg to differ. The ops system has the responsibility of going
> back to a
> known state after an application is closed. Things get complicated
> when a
> non ops system driver is involved, but that does not relieve the
> responsibility. If the ops system can do nothing more than call
> the printer
> driver with some sort of return to default, it should do so. The
> alternative
> would be to return to the "dark ages", and have the application
> totally
> control the printer. Admittedly, the windows only printers and
> supporting
> software pose a more complex problem than the older text and
> graphics
> printers.

Isn't that what I said? Earlier versions of Microsoft Word for
Windows or WordPerfect for Windows would change the printer defaults
and even the default printer. In those days each application used
its own print drivers. You might have selected a color printer for
a single page document in Word. When you used another application
to print, you might have used up all of your color ink if you sent
another print job from a networked computer expecting it to use the
normal default laser printer.

When you are using varied operating systems in a workgroup, you do
not know what will happen after print job.

--
Earl F. Parrish