Help XP Fax does not open Outlook address book

Hi

Have just moved from ISDN with dedicated fax software to broadband & enabled
XP fax.

On sending a fax it opens OE address books, but not Outlook (OAB) where I
have saved all my fax numbers!

Any ideas?

Can the broadband connection also be used to send faxes?

All the best

Richard
5 answers Last reply
More about help open outlook address book

    How did you "enable" Windows XP Fax if you have no analog fax modem. That's
    all any fax software can use.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Richard Webb" <richard_p_webb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Have just moved from ISDN with dedicated fax software to broadband &
    > enabled
    > XP fax.
    >
    > On sending a fax it opens OE address books, but not Outlook (OAB) where I
    > have saved all my fax numbers!
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Can the broadband connection also be used to send faxes?
    >
    > All the best
    >
    > Richard

    Hi

    There is still a diallup modem installed.

    This was put in to 'keep me going' when ISDN was removed until Broadband was
    enabled. I had been advised that faxes could be sent with Broadband modem,
    but this seems not to be the case.

    The 'enabling' was through Control Panel, Add/remove windows components.

    Thanks

    Richard

    > How did you "enable" Windows XP Fax if you have no analog fax modem.
    That's
    > all any fax software can use.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Richard Webb" <richard_p_webb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Have just moved from ISDN with dedicated fax software to broadband &
    > > enabled
    > > XP fax.
    > >
    > > On sending a fax it opens OE address books, but not Outlook (OAB) where
    > > have saved all my fax numbers!
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Can the broadband connection also be used to send faxes?
    > >
    > > All the best
    > >
    > > Richard

    Windows XP Fax will default to the Outlook Address Book whenever it detects
    that Outlook is installed.
    --
    > Hi
    >
    > There is still a diallup modem installed.
    >
    > This was put in to 'keep me going' when ISDN was removed until Broadband
    > was
    > enabled. I had been advised that faxes could be sent with Broadband
    > modem,
    > but this seems not to be the case.
    >
    > The 'enabling' was through Control Panel, Add/remove windows components.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Richard
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> How did you "enable" Windows XP Fax if you have no analog fax modem.
    > That's
    >> all any fax software can use.
    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >> "Richard Webb" <richard_p_webb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi
    >> >
    >> > Have just moved from ISDN with dedicated fax software to broadband &
    >> > enabled
    >> > XP fax.
    >> >
    >> > On sending a fax it opens OE address books, but not Outlook (OAB) where
    >> > have saved all my fax numbers!
    >> >
    >> > Any ideas?
    >> >
    >> > Can the broadband connection also be used to send faxes?
    >> >
    >> > All the best
    >> >
    >> > Richard

    Hi

    Exactly, that is what it should do & it isn't!!

    Maybe it needs to be installed before MS Office & Outlook, or maybe Outlook
    needs to be the default e-mail software.

    Have had a look through the registry, nothing obvious.

    There seems to be no way to change address books, a logical procedure would
    be Tools-->options-->File locations, but nothing offered.

    Many thanks

    Richard
    > Windows XP Fax will default to the Outlook Address Book whenever it
    detects
    > that Outlook is installed.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Richard Webb" <richard_p_webb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > There is still a diallup modem installed.
    > >
    > > This was put in to 'keep me going' when ISDN was removed until Broadband
    > > was
    > > enabled. I had been advised that faxes could be sent with Broadband
    > > modem,
    > > but this seems not to be the case.
    > >
    > > The 'enabling' was through Control Panel, Add/remove windows components.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Richard
    > >
    > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> How did you "enable" Windows XP Fax if you have no analog fax modem.
    > > That's
    > >> all any fax software can use.
    > >> --
    > >> Russ Valentine
    > >> [MVP-Outlook]
    > >> "Richard Webb" <richard_p_webb@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    where

    What is listed as your default Contacts list for your OS (Control Panel >
    Internet Options > Programs)
    What version of Outlook is this and is your Outlook Address Book functioning
    correctly?
    --
    > Hi
    >
    > Exactly, that is what it should do & it isn't!!
    >
    > Maybe it needs to be installed before MS Office & Outlook, or maybe
    > Outlook
    > needs to be the default e-mail software.
    >
    > Have had a look through the registry, nothing obvious.
    >
    > There seems to be no way to change address books, a logical procedure
    > would
    > be Tools-->options-->File locations, but nothing offered.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Richard
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Windows XP Fax will default to the Outlook Address Book whenever it
    > detects
    >> that Outlook is installed.
    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >> "Richard Webb" <richard_p_webb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi
    >> >
    >> > There is still a diallup modem installed.
    >> >
    >> > This was put in to 'keep me going' when ISDN was removed until
    >> > Broadband
    >> > was
    >> > enabled. I had been advised that faxes could be sent with Broadband
    >> > modem,
    >> > but this seems not to be the case.
    >> >
    >> > The 'enabling' was through Control Panel, Add/remove windows
    >> > components.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks
    >> >
    >> > Richard
    >> >
    >> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message