LG 8100?

Last response: in Network Providers
April 4, 2005 7:31:03 AM

Anyone have information regarding the release of this phone?

More about : 8100

Anonymous
April 4, 2005 7:17:45 PM

J wrote:
> I love my 8000. My phone before, a Moto T720, was horrible. I
couldn't
> wait to be rid of that thing. I also liked the VCast when I had it.
My
> free 2 months ran out a few days ago. It was nice while I had it but
> wasn't about to pay an extra $15 for it. Camera takes awesome pics.
> don't care for most of the default ringtones on the phone so I loaded
my own
> on there for free. It's not terribly difficult to do that but a
little
> roundabout. If you scroll down to the date of 2/3 and look for the
title
> "LG VX8000 - record your own ringtones for free", you'll see how to
do it.

I read your post from 2/3 regarding downloading MP3'S to the LG 8000 Do
you think this method will work with any phone?

> "Viper" <user@user.com> wrote in message
> > How do you like your Lg 8000? Have you had any problems with it or
any
> > thing? This is the best phone I have ever had. I upgraded from a LG
4400B
> > phone. The Lg 4400B is a really good phone but it has a small
amount of
> > memory and you can not put to much on it. I have never had any
trouble
> > with the LG 4400b phone, calls want through all the time ( no
dropped
> > calls). Had to call 911 on the phone which went through perfectly,
No
> > trouble what so ever. The Lg 8000 phone I have never had any
trouble with
> > it what so ever. I like the ring tones better than on the LG 4400b.
The
> > are much loader. I really like the V-Cast. I live south of
Cincinnati Ohio
> > ( Northern Kentucky) and I get the EV-DO signal from Cincinnati
Ohio and I
> > only get like 2 some times 3 bars when I am watching V-Cast, But no

> > problems. I really like the 3-D games, the camera, the pixs and
text
> > messaging, and I also like the big screen. You can get lots more
lines of
> > text than I had on the LG 4400b.
April 4, 2005 8:05:19 PM

Here is a link I found on the 8100
http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=1254&source=BROWS.... Man, these
companies do not wait to come out with come thing better. The LG 8000 has
not been out to long and now there is already going to be upgrade to the LG
8000. I purchased the Lg 8000 the first day it came out, Feb 1 2005. So now
my phone is obsolete, or will be in a few months. Some times buying tech
gadgets can be a waist of money. The minute you purchase a tech toy there is
some thing new or better fixing to be released in a few months. How can any
one keep up.

"RPR" <rprood@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> Anyone have information regarding the release of this phone?

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 4, 2005 8:42:55 PM

Here is a link I found on the 8100
http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=1254&source=BROWS.... These
companies do not wait to come out with come thing better. The LG 8000 has
not been out to long and now there is already going to be upgrade to the LG
8000. I purchased the Lg 8000 the first day it came out, Feb 1 2005. So now
my phone is obsolete, or will be in a few months. Some times buying tech
gadgets can be a waist of money. The minute you purchase a tech toy there is
some thing new or better fixing to be released in a few months. How can any
one keep up.
April 4, 2005 8:57:06 PM

You can't keep up so why even try. I did the same thing as you. I bought
the 8000 on the Feb. 1st as well. However, I don't think the 8100 is really
a great improvement over the 8000. Sure it has bluetooth, but big friggin
deal. Verizon cripples it so bad it's virtual useless. The 8100 might have
more memory but I think I have plenty right now in the 8000. The shape
might be a bit more pleasing but I'm not blown away by it. Frankly, I kind
of like the shape of the 8000 because it allows for such a big screen. My
next $100 upgrade doesn't come for a long while but by that time, the phones
out then will simply blow away whats available now, including the 8100.
So...either you can go broke trying to keep up with the Joneses or just be
content with what you have.
> Here is a link I found on the 8100
> http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=1254&source=BROWS.... These
> companies do not wait to come out with come thing better. The LG 8000 has
> not been out to long and now there is already going to be upgrade to the
> LG
> 8000. I purchased the Lg 8000 the first day it came out, Feb 1 2005. So
> now
> my phone is obsolete, or will be in a few months. Some times buying tech
> gadgets can be a waist of money. The minute you purchase a tech toy there
> is
> some thing new or better fixing to be released in a few months. How can
> any
> one keep up.

April 4, 2005 8:57:07 PM

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 16:57:06 GMT, "J" <J@J.com> wrote:

>You can't keep up so why even try. I did the same thing as you. I bought
>the 8000 on the Feb. 1st as well. However, I don't think the 8100 is really
>a great improvement over the 8000. Sure it has bluetooth, but big friggin
>deal. Verizon cripples it so bad it's virtual useless. The 8100 might have
>more memory but I think I have plenty right now in the 8000. The shape
>might be a bit more pleasing but I'm not blown away by it. Frankly, I kind
>of like the shape of the 8000 because it allows for such a big screen. My
>next $100 upgrade doesn't come for a long while but by that time, the phones
>out then will simply blow away whats available now, including the 8100.
>So...either you can go broke trying to keep up with the Joneses or just be
>content with what you have.

I looked up the 8100 on phonescoop.com and under Bluetooth it said
this:

Bluetooth supports headset, handsfree, dial-up networking profiles

Does this mean that this phone's firmware is similar to the Motorola's
710 Bluetooth limited capabilities, transferring graphics and
ringtones, like VZW did?

Thanks.

>"Viper" <user@user.com> wrote in message
>> Here is a link I found on the 8100
>> http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=1254&source=BROWS.... These
>> companies do not wait to come out with come thing better. The LG 8000 has
>> not been out to long and now there is already going to be upgrade to the
>> LG
>> 8000. I purchased the Lg 8000 the first day it came out, Feb 1 2005. So
>> now
>> my phone is obsolete, or will be in a few months. Some times buying tech
>> gadgets can be a waist of money. The minute you purchase a tech toy there
>> is
>> some thing new or better fixing to be released in a few months. How can
>> any
>> one keep up.

April 4, 2005 10:18:50 PM

"J" <J@J.com> wrote in message news:Cle4e.2497$7b.1347@trndny04...
> You can't keep up so why even try. I did the same thing as you. I bought
> the 8000 on the Feb. 1st as well. However, I don't think the 8100 is
> really a great improvement over the 8000. Sure it has bluetooth, but big
> friggin deal. Verizon cripples it so bad it's virtual useless. The 8100
> might have more memory but I think I have plenty right now in the 8000.
> The shape might be a bit more pleasing but I'm not blown away by it.
> Frankly, I kind of like the shape of the 8000 because it allows for such a
> big screen. My next $100 upgrade doesn't come for a long while but by
> that time, the phones out then will simply blow away whats available now,
> including the 8100. So...either you can go broke trying to keep up with
> the Joneses or just be content with what you have.
> "Viper" <user@user.com> wrote in message
>> Here is a link I found on the 8100
>> http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=1254&source=BROWS.... These
>> companies do not wait to come out with come thing better. The LG 8000 has
>> not been out to long and now there is already going to be upgrade to the
>> LG
>> 8000. I purchased the Lg 8000 the first day it came out, Feb 1 2005. So
>> now
>> my phone is obsolete, or will be in a few months. Some times buying tech
>> gadgets can be a waist of money. The minute you purchase a tech toy there
>> is
>> some thing new or better fixing to be released in a few months. How can
>> any
>> one keep up.

April 4, 2005 10:30:17 PM

I have the LG-8000 and it's an incredible phone, not a single complaint.
The 8100 has bluetooth and a mem stick but I have no use for it currently.
I'm sure the 8200 is already on the table and if you wait till fall you
can get the 8400 that will lazer tracking
so you can hang picture frames on your wall straight
The LG-8700 at Christmas will have built in heater to warm your hands a
bottle opener also a
self defence version with the pepper spray and 40000V shocker! It just
never ends.
By the way, during the three major hurricanes here in Florida last year,
the only network that worked flawlesly was Verizon.
STAY AWAY FROM T-MOBILE and the SIDEKICK!

RPR wrote:

>Anyone have information regarding the release of this phone?

April 5, 2005 1:34:32 AM

I love my 8000. My phone before, a Moto T720, was horrible. I couldn't
wait to be rid of that thing. I also liked the VCast when I had it. My
free 2 months ran out a few days ago. It was nice while I had it but I
wasn't about to pay an extra $15 for it. Camera takes awesome pics. I
don't care for most of the default ringtones on the phone so I loaded my own
on there for free. It's not terribly difficult to do that but a little
roundabout. If you scroll down to the date of 2/3 and look for the title
"LG VX8000 - record your own ringtones for free", you'll see how to do it.

"Viper" <user@user.com> wrote in message
> How do you like your Lg 8000? Have you had any problems with it or any
> thing? This is the best phone I have ever had. I upgraded from a LG 4400B
> phone. The Lg 4400B is a really good phone but it has a small amount of
> memory and you can not put to much on it. I have never had any trouble
> with the LG 4400b phone, calls want through all the time ( no dropped
> calls). Had to call 911 on the phone which went through perfectly, No
> trouble what so ever. The Lg 8000 phone I have never had any trouble with
> it what so ever. I like the ring tones better than on the LG 4400b. The
> are much loader. I really like the V-Cast. I live south of Cincinnati Ohio
> ( Northern Kentucky) and I get the EV-DO signal from Cincinnati Ohio and I
> only get like 2 some times 3 bars when I am watching V-Cast, But no
> problems. I really like the 3-D games, the camera, the pixs and text
> messaging, and I also like the big screen. You can get lots more lines of
> text than I had on the LG 4400b.
April 5, 2005 1:36:42 AM

You can almost bet Verizon will limit transferring of graphics, ringtones,
pics, etc. via bluetooth.

"runner" <notvalidaddress@invalid.org> wrote in message

> I looked up the 8100 on phonescoop.com and under Bluetooth it said
> this:
>
> Bluetooth supports headset, handsfree, dial-up networking profiles
>
> Does this mean that this phone's firmware is similar to the Motorola's
> 710 Bluetooth limited capabilities, transferring graphics and
> ringtones, like VZW did?
>
> Thanks.
April 5, 2005 2:10:57 AM

"Viper" <user@user.com> wrote in message
> Here is a link I found on the 8100
> http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=1254&source=BROWS.... These
> companies do not wait to come out with come thing better. The LG 8000 has
> not been out to long and now there is already going to be upgrade to the
> LG
> 8000. I purchased the Lg 8000 the first day it came out, Feb 1 2005. So
> now
> my phone is obsolete, or will be in a few months. Some times buying tech
> gadgets can be a waist of money. The minute you purchase a tech toy there
> is
> some thing new or better fixing to be released in a few months. How can
> any
> one keep up.

A phone is not obsolete just because something better comes out. Its not
like its going to quit working as soon as the 8100 is released. The 8100
will be nice since it has Bluetooth capability but the 8000 has a better
camera. They are rated the same as far as MP goes, but the 8000 has a CCD
sensor, the 8100 uses a CMOS sensor. CCD is better quality. If the
released specs are right, the 8000 also has a higher quality outer LCD. It
will still most likely be my next phone though.

KC

--
Need Verizon/Alltel/Nextel accessories but hate paying retail? Check out my
Ebay store.

Well, the 8000 has an option to record new tones so if your phone has that,
you can try it. I would also check to see if your phone supports MP3
ringtones or something similar. That's where I'm getting my tones from.
Basically, I'm just taking MP3s which are on my Creative Nomad Zen Xtra and
recording them to my phone. Not really sure what format they get stored as
when they're on the phone.
<EENYC1@AOL.COM> wrote in message

> J wrote:
>> I love my 8000. My phone before, a Moto T720, was horrible. I
> couldn't
>> wait to be rid of that thing. I also liked the VCast when I had it.
> My
>> free 2 months ran out a few days ago. It was nice while I had it but
>> wasn't about to pay an extra $15 for it. Camera takes awesome pics.
>> don't care for most of the default ringtones on the phone so I loaded
> my own
>> on there for free. It's not terribly difficult to do that but a
> little
>> roundabout. If you scroll down to the date of 2/3 and look for the
> title
>> "LG VX8000 - record your own ringtones for free", you'll see how to
> do it.
>

> I read your post from 2/3 regarding downloading MP3'S to the LG 8000 Do
> you think this method will work with any phone?
>

>> "Viper" <user@user.com> wrote in message
>> > How do you like your Lg 8000? Have you had any problems with it or
> any
>> > thing? This is the best phone I have ever had. I upgraded from a LG
> 4400B
>> > phone. The Lg 4400B is a really good phone but it has a small
> amount of
>> > memory and you can not put to much on it. I have never had any
> trouble
>> > with the LG 4400b phone, calls want through all the time ( no
> dropped
>> > calls). Had to call 911 on the phone which went through perfectly,
> No
>> > trouble what so ever. The Lg 8000 phone I have never had any
> trouble with
>> > it what so ever. I like the ring tones better than on the LG 4400b.
> The
>> > are much loader. I really like the V-Cast. I live south of
> Cincinnati Ohio
>> > ( Northern Kentucky) and I get the EV-DO signal from Cincinnati
> Ohio and I
>> > only get like 2 some times 3 bars when I am watching V-Cast, But no
>
>> > problems. I really like the 3-D games, the camera, the pixs and
> text
>> > messaging, and I also like the big screen. You can get lots more
> lines of
>> > text than I had on the LG 4400b.

April 5, 2005 6:27:56 PM

When will the LG-xxxxx be out that has a Swiss Army Knife? I would not mind
that. It would also have to have the Lazer tracking, and heater in it to.
LOL. I do not think that I would ever use a different cell service than
Verizon. I consider them the most dependable ( Coverage, Price, Good
Phones). I do not like Boost mobile (small company, not much coverage, cheap
phones), Virgin ( or what ever it is called. Small company, Not much
coverage, cheap phones) Sprint and Cingular are not to bad, as far as I
heard. I really have not heard any thing good or bad about T-Mobile. So I
really do not know. So I will stick with Verizon. It works every where I go
and have been.

"Chris" <ck@ckradio.net> wrote in message
>I have the LG-8000 and it's an incredible phone, not a single complaint.
> The 8100 has bluetooth and a mem stick but I have no use for it
> currently.
> I'm sure the 8200 is already on the table and if you wait till fall you
> can get the 8400 that will lazer tracking
> so you can hang picture frames on your wall straight
> The LG-8700 at Christmas will have built in heater to warm your hands a
> bottle opener also a
> self defence version with the pepper spray and 40000V shocker! It just
> never ends.
> By the way, during the three major hurricanes here in Florida last year,
> the only network that worked flawlesly was Verizon.
> STAY AWAY FROM T-MOBILE and the SIDEKICK!
>

> RPR wrote:
>
>>Anyone have information regarding the release of this phone?

April 6, 2005 12:29:20 AM

> self defence version with the pepper spray and 40000V shocker! It just
> never ends.

Of course you will be billed $1.50 per squirt and $5.00 per shock by Verizon
S&Q Services (Shock and Squirt Services - requires a National S&Q plan with
no roaming)

-Frank
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 9:06:32 PM

I don't think that is correct as far as the better quality statement
goes. Check out the $5000 digital SLR's - most use CMOS sensors -
better low light performance, less noise. All of the $250 cameras use
CCD. Not sure how this translates to a cell phone though, they're all
horrible compared to even cheap cameras in my opinion.

!