Printers Slow

I have two printers shared in W98 machines and 8 WinXP workstations that
print in that. When try to select one of this printers in anyone
program, the WinXP take 1 or two minutes to free for the print, or can't
contact with the printers (in MS Office, for example, the user give the
message "The printer has not yet responded (...)".

This problem occours in any WinXP workstation (no firewall active,
including XP Firewall). The Lan have a W2k3 Server with an AD
configuration, but no Print Server (the mapping of printers is manual).
3 answers Last reply
More about printers slow

    I responded to this yesterday.
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "Max" <nospam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have two printers shared in W98 machines and 8 WinXP workstations that
    >print in that. When try to select one of this printers in anyone program,
    >the WinXP take 1 or two minutes to free for the print, or can't contact
    >with the printers (in MS Office, for example, the user give the message
    >"The printer has not yet responded (...)".
    >
    > This problem occours in any WinXP workstation (no firewall active,
    > including XP Firewall). The Lan have a W2k3 Server with an AD
    > configuration, but no Print Server (the mapping of printers is manual).

    Ok, but there's NO firewall enabled.

    Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
    > I responded to this yesterday.

    And are the NICs set to 100 Full Duplex?

    This sounds much more like a networking problem than a printing issue.
    --

    > Ok, but there's NO firewall enabled.
    >
    > Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
    >> I responded to this yesterday.