Printing Error

Nic

Hi,

I have a HP1300 printer.

Recently I've been getting an increased amount of 'Kernel' Errors, the error
occurs when trying to print documents from any program.

The error msg reads:

PCL XL Error
Subsystem: KERNEL
Error: IllegalTag
Operator: 0x40
Position: 19776

Could someone help me to eliminate this problem?

Thanks

Nicla

Byte

Uninstall & reinstall Printer
Today is the first day of the rest of
your life.

"Nic" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a HP1300 printer.
>
> Recently I've been getting an increased amount of 'Kernel' Errors, the error
> occurs when trying to print documents from any program.
>
> The error msg reads:
>
> PCL XL Error
> Subsystem: KERNEL
> Error: IllegalTag
> Operator: 0x40
> Position: 19776
>
> Could someone help me to eliminate this problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nicla

Remove the printer driver and try the PCL 5e driver 60.5.17.2 released
April, 2005.

Let us know.

Rom
MSMVP