Mac OS 9.2.x

This may be the wrong forum to post in, but it's the most relevant.

About a month ago I bought an Apple Powerbook 3400c with Mac OS 9.2 installed. I did not receive any boot disks or manuals, just the laptop and charger. When I went to start it up, it loaded the Happy Mac and then went to the Mac OS 9.2 screen. After that it popped up a box that said "This startup disk will not work on this Macintosh model. Use the latest Installer to update this disk for this model.".

After some research, I found that the Powerbook 3400c does not support Mac OS 9.2 and is why it will not continue after the start-up screen. The real problem is what should I do? I am fairly new to anything made by Apple in the 90s aside from the iMac G3 and Powerbook 145, so I have absolutely no disks for Mac OS Classic and I am right now at a dead end.
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. You could go to ebay and find some of those afformented discs. Or try a computer hobby club.

There might also be a Linux distribution you could use if you were only interested in getting a working computer.

There are illegal methods of acquiring Mac OS of course, these will not be discussed on this forum. Such comments will be removed.
  2. I'd hate to fight over versions of Mac OS 9 on eBay and OS 8 disks are as scarce as teeth on a hen. I have heard about Linux on Powerbooks but I am more interested in keeping it classic and vintage rather than up to date.

Either way, thanks for the help.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Powerbook Mac Os Mac OS X