Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

S6500NX Video disabling

Tags:
  • Compaq
  • Dual Monitors
  • Video
  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 7:44:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

I would like to use the AGP slot in my S6500NX in a dual monitor setup.
However, the onboard video stops working when I insert the AGP card,
due to auto-disabling. Is there anyway I can override this so I can
have the onboard and the AGP video active simultaneously??

More about : s6500nx video disabling

Anonymous
March 1, 2005 9:48:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

In a word, no. To run dual monitors, you need either a card with a pair of
15-pin VGA connectors, or a combination of AGP and PCI cards that work with two
monitors. Some of the later Matrox G-series (400? 450? 500?) have two VGA
connectors and work perfectly with dual monitors. I'm sure there are others as
well... Ben Myers

On 28 Feb 2005 16:44:13 -0800, sirlansa@hotmail.com wrote:

>I would like to use the AGP slot in my S6500NX in a dual monitor setup.
>However, the onboard video stops working when I insert the AGP card,
>due to auto-disabling. Is there anyway I can override this so I can
>have the onboard and the AGP video active simultaneously??
>
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 12:40:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

In article <42240a2d.20252455@nntp.charter.net>, Ben Myers <ben_myers_sp
am_me_not@charter.net> writes
>In a word, no. To run dual monitors, you need either a card with a pair of
>15-pin VGA connectors, or a combination of AGP and PCI cards that work with two
>monitors. Some of the later Matrox G-series (400? 450? 500?) have two VGA
>connectors and work perfectly with dual monitors. I'm sure there are others as
>well... Ben Myers
>

Matrox G400 Dual Head, still using mine, although I only used the Dual
Head for a short time. To be honest I was showing off, unfortunately a
19" and 17" CRT take up an awful lot of space.

IIRC there was a standard G400 as well.

>On 28 Feb 2005 16:44:13 -0800, sirlansa@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>I would like to use the AGP slot in my S6500NX in a dual monitor setup.
>>However, the onboard video stops working when I insert the AGP card,
>>due to auto-disabling. Is there anyway I can override this so I can
>>have the onboard and the AGP video active simultaneously??
>>
>

--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"
Related resources
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 5:34:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

I think I have a couple of dual-head G450's here somewhere, too... Ben Myers

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:40:21 +0000, Nicholas D Richards
<nicholas@salmiron.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <42240a2d.20252455@nntp.charter.net>, Ben Myers <ben_myers_sp
>am_me_not@charter.net> writes
>>In a word, no. To run dual monitors, you need either a card with a pair of
>>15-pin VGA connectors, or a combination of AGP and PCI cards that work with two
>>monitors. Some of the later Matrox G-series (400? 450? 500?) have two VGA
>>connectors and work perfectly with dual monitors. I'm sure there are others as
>>well... Ben Myers
>>
>
>Matrox G400 Dual Head, still using mine, although I only used the Dual
>Head for a short time. To be honest I was showing off, unfortunately a
>19" and 17" CRT take up an awful lot of space.
>
>IIRC there was a standard G400 as well.
>
>>On 28 Feb 2005 16:44:13 -0800, sirlansa@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>I would like to use the AGP slot in my S6500NX in a dual monitor setup.
>>>However, the onboard video stops working when I insert the AGP card,
>>>due to auto-disabling. Is there anyway I can override this so I can
>>>have the onboard and the AGP video active simultaneously??
>>>
>>
>
>--
>Nicholas David Richards -
>
>"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"
March 3, 2005 11:22:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

No. There is only 1 AGP bus, either onboard or a card in the AGP slot. A
dual head AGP card would be the only way around this.
HH

"Nicholas D Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:HmEqoaAFLjJCFAYB@salmiron.co.uk...
> In article <42240a2d.20252455@nntp.charter.net>, Ben Myers <ben_myers_sp
> am_me_not@charter.net> writes
>>In a word, no. To run dual monitors, you need either a card with a pair
>>of
>>15-pin VGA connectors, or a combination of AGP and PCI cards that work
>>with two
>>monitors. Some of the later Matrox G-series (400? 450? 500?) have two VGA
>>connectors and work perfectly with dual monitors. I'm sure there are
>>others as
>>well... Ben Myers
>>
>
> Matrox G400 Dual Head, still using mine, although I only used the Dual
> Head for a short time. To be honest I was showing off, unfortunately a
> 19" and 17" CRT take up an awful lot of space.
>
> IIRC there was a standard G400 as well.
>
>>On 28 Feb 2005 16:44:13 -0800, sirlansa@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>I would like to use the AGP slot in my S6500NX in a dual monitor setup.
>>>However, the onboard video stops working when I insert the AGP card,
>>>due to auto-disabling. Is there anyway I can override this so I can
>>>have the onboard and the AGP video active simultaneously??
>>>
>>
>
> --
> Nicholas David Richards -
>
> "Où sont les neiges d'antan?"
!