S6500NX Video disabling

I would like to use the AGP slot in my S6500NX in a dual monitor setup.
However, the onboard video stops working when I insert the AGP card,
due to auto-disabling. Is there anyway I can override this so I can
have the onboard and the AGP video active simultaneously??
4 answers Last reply
More about s6500nx video disabling

    In a word, no. To run dual monitors, you need either a card with a pair of
    15-pin VGA connectors, or a combination of AGP and PCI cards that work with two
    monitors. Some of the later Matrox G-series (400? 450? 500?) have two VGA
    connectors and work perfectly with dual monitors. I'm sure there are others as
    well... Ben Myers

    In article <42240a2d.20252455@nntp.charter.net>, Ben Myers <ben_myers_sp
    am_me_not@charter.net> writes
    >In a word, no. To run dual monitors, you need either a card with a pair of
    >15-pin VGA connectors, or a combination of AGP and PCI cards that work with two
    >monitors. Some of the later Matrox G-series (400? 450? 500?) have two VGA
    >connectors and work perfectly with dual monitors. I'm sure there are others as
    >well... Ben Myers

    Matrox G400 Dual Head, still using mine, although I only used the Dual
    Head for a short time. To be honest I was showing off, unfortunately a
    19" and 17" CRT take up an awful lot of space.

    IIRC there was a standard G400 as well.

    --
    Nicholas David Richards -

    "Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

    I think I have a couple of dual-head G450's here somewhere, too... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:40:21 +0000, Nicholas D Richards
    <nicholas@salmiron.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >In article <42240a2d.20252455@nntp.charter.net>, Ben Myers <ben_myers_sp
    >am_me_not@charter.net> writes
    >>In a word, no. To run dual monitors, you need either a card with a pair of
    >>15-pin VGA connectors, or a combination of AGP and PCI cards that work with two
    >>monitors. Some of the later Matrox G-series (400? 450? 500?) have two VGA
    >>connectors and work perfectly with dual monitors. I'm sure there are others as
    >>well... Ben Myers
    >>

    >Matrox G400 Dual Head, still using mine, although I only used the Dual
    >Head for a short time. To be honest I was showing off, unfortunately a
    >19" and 17" CRT take up an awful lot of space.
    >
    >IIRC there was a standard G400 as well.
    >
    >>On 28 Feb 2005 16:44:13 -0800, sirlansa@hotmail.com wrote:
    >>
    >>>I would like to use the AGP slot in my S6500NX in a dual monitor setup.
    >>>However, the onboard video stops working when I insert the AGP card,
    >>>due to auto-disabling. Is there anyway I can override this so I can
    >>>have the onboard and the AGP video active simultaneously??
    >>>

    >--
    >Nicholas David Richards -
    >
    >"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

    No. There is only 1 AGP bus, either onboard or a card in the AGP slot. A
    dual head AGP card would be the only way around this.
    HH

    "Nicholas D Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > In article <42240a2d.20252455@nntp.charter.net>, Ben Myers <ben_myers_sp
    > am_me_not@charter.net> writes
    >>In a word, no. To run dual monitors, you need either a card with a pair
    >>of
    >>15-pin VGA connectors, or a combination of AGP and PCI cards that work
    >>with two
    >>monitors. Some of the later Matrox G-series (400? 450? 500?) have two VGA
    >>connectors and work perfectly with dual monitors. I'm sure there are
    >>others as
    >>well... Ben Myers
    >>

    > Matrox G400 Dual Head, still using mine, although I only used the Dual
    > Head for a short time. To be honest I was showing off, unfortunately a
    > 19" and 17" CRT take up an awful lot of space.
    >
    > IIRC there was a standard G400 as well.
    >
    >>On 28 Feb 2005 16:44:13 -0800, sirlansa@hotmail.com wrote:
    >>
    >>>I would like to use the AGP slot in my S6500NX in a dual monitor setup.
    >>>However, the onboard video stops working when I insert the AGP card,
    >>>due to auto-disabling. Is there anyway I can override this so I can
    >>>have the onboard and the AGP video active simultaneously??
    >>>

    > --
    > Nicholas David Richards -
    >
    > "Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Compaq Dual Monitors Video Computers