Printer Problems

I have a HP PSC 2175v printer. When I need to print a document the printer
will load the paper and then shoot it right out of the printer with out
printing. I am unable to print from word, wordpad, notpad, PDF files, or a
test page. I have connected the printer to another computer and it works
fine. I have not idea how to fix this problem.

Jseele

Byte

Did you install the software before plugging in the printer? When installing
the
software, it will tell you when to plug it in and when to activate it. You
may need
to completely reinstall it.
Uninstall & reinstall Printer
Today is the first day of the rest of
your life.

"John Seele" wrote:

> I have a HP PSC 2175v printer. When I need to print a document the printer
> will load the paper and then shoot it right out of the printer with out
> printing. I am unable to print from word, wordpad, notpad, PDF files, or a
> test page. I have connected the printer to another computer and it works
> fine. I have not idea how to fix this problem.
>
> Jseele

I have unintalled the driver and software completely. I did not plug in the
printer until the installation asked me to. I have stopped and restarted
Printer Spool in services. I have tried every trick in the book. I am
thinking it is a Registry problem.

John Seele

"Byte" wrote:

> Did you install the software before plugging in the printer? When installing
> the
> software, it will tell you when to plug it in and when to activate it. You
> may need
> to completely reinstall it.
> Uninstall & reinstall Printer
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
> --
> Today is the first day of the rest of
> your life.
>

> "John Seele" wrote:
>
> > I have a HP PSC 2175v printer. When I need to print a document the printer
> > will load the paper and then shoot it right out of the printer with out
> > printing. I am unable to print from word, wordpad, notpad, PDF files, or a
> > test page. I have connected the printer to another computer and it works
> > fine. I have not idea how to fix this problem.
> >
> > Jseele

I found out what the problem was. DEP(Data Execution Prevention) was turned
on for all programs and services except those I selected. I switched it back
to Turn on DEP for essential Windows Programs and Services only.

John Seele

"Byte" wrote:

> Did you install the software before plugging in the printer? When installing
> the
> software, it will tell you when to plug it in and when to activate it. You
> may need
> to completely reinstall it.
> Uninstall & reinstall Printer
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
> --
> Today is the first day of the rest of
> your life.
>

> "John Seele" wrote:
>
> > I have a HP PSC 2175v printer. When I need to print a document the printer
> > will load the paper and then shoot it right out of the printer with out
> > printing. I am unable to print from word, wordpad, notpad, PDF files, or a
> > test page. I have connected the printer to another computer and it works
> > fine. I have not idea how to fix this problem.
> >
> > Jseele

Byte

This goes for all who post a solution to a problem, please state HOW you
solved it would be of great assistance to others with a similar situation.
Here's
how John Seele solved his:
If a program is failing and you want to disable DEP to see if that is the
cause. Here are the steps. (Just disable DEP for the program in question...
don't disable it for your whole system.)

1. Click Start
2. Select Control Panel
3. Select System
4. Click the Advanced tab
5. In the Performance region select Settings
6. Click the Data Execute tab in the dialog box that opens
7. Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except for those I select
8. Click Add.
9. The open dialog box will open. Browse and select your application.
10. Click Open
11. Click Apply
12. Click Ok
13. Reboot
--

"John Seele" wrote:

> I found out what the problem was. DEP(Data Execution Prevention) was turned
> on for all programs and services except those I selected. I switched it back
> to Turn on DEP for essential Windows Programs and Services only.
>
> John Seele
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
> > Did you install the software before plugging in the printer? When installing
> > the
> > software, it will tell you when to plug it in and when to activate it. You
> > may need
> > to completely reinstall it.
> > Uninstall & reinstall Printer
> > http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
> > --
> > Today is the first day of the rest of
> > your life.
> >

> > "John Seele" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a HP PSC 2175v printer. When I need to print a document the printer
> > > will load the paper and then shoot it right out of the printer with out
> > > printing. I am unable to print from word, wordpad, notpad, PDF files, or a
> > > test page. I have connected the printer to another computer and it works
> > > fine. I have not idea how to fix this problem.
> > >
> > > Jseele

TRENDING THREADS