Printing problem ???

Dear all,

I have a USB HP 3600 series printer connected to a customer PC which
complains that print jobs remains in the printer queeue in a similar way as
if you use the printer Off Line.
But it is not, prints document are quueued and the first job in the queue
has the status "printing", but nothing goes out.

No alarms gets reported by the driver, the printer is On and enought paper in.
The driver is set as default, with pooling option and print directly to
printer.

The only way to recover, is to switch off the printer and switch on again,
the the first document in the queue gets prints with garbage and others
follow correctly.

After this, it continue to works as normaly and after a while it start again .

Any idea what could it be, I am out of ideas ?

thnaks for your help
regards

serge

Byte

The print spooler was not activated.
Start Printer Spooler
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
--
Today is the first day of the rest of
your life.

"serge calderara" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a USB HP 3600 series printer connected to a customer PC which
> complains that print jobs remains in the printer queeue in a similar way as
> if you use the printer Off Line.
> But it is not, prints document are quueued and the first job in the queue
> has the status "printing", but nothing goes out.
>
> No alarms gets reported by the driver, the printer is On and enought paper in.
> The driver is set as default, with pooling option and print directly to
> printer.
>
> The only way to recover, is to switch off the printer and switch on again,
> the the first document in the queue gets prints with garbage and others
> follow correctly.
>
> After this, it continue to works as normaly and after a while it start again .
>
> Any idea what could it be, I am out of ideas ?
>
> thnaks for your help
> regards
>
> serge

Ensure the USB Controllers are not set to go into standby... Device Manager,
USB Controllers, Power Management.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"serge calderara" <sergecalderara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:134BE17F-A03E-48D2-9E6E-B4021E8B8552@microsoft.com...
> Dear all,
>
> I have a USB HP 3600 series printer connected to a customer PC which
> complains that print jobs remains in the printer queeue in a similar way
> as
> if you use the printer Off Line.
> But it is not, prints document are quueued and the first job in the queue
> has the status "printing", but nothing goes out.
>
> No alarms gets reported by the driver, the printer is On and enought paper
> in.
> The driver is set as default, with pooling option and print directly to
> printer.
>
> The only way to recover, is to switch off the printer and switch on again,
> the the first document in the queue gets prints with garbage and others
> follow correctly.
>
> After this, it continue to works as normaly and after a while it start
> again .
>
> Any idea what could it be, I am out of ideas ?
>
> thnaks for your help
> regards
>
> serge

What if its happening also on Windows 2000 system
what could it be then as there si not this power management for usb

regards

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Ensure the USB Controllers are not set to go into standby... Device Manager,
> USB Controllers, Power Management.
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "serge calderara" <sergecalderara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:134BE17F-A03E-48D2-9E6E-B4021E8B8552@microsoft.com...
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I have a USB HP 3600 series printer connected to a customer PC which
> > complains that print jobs remains in the printer queeue in a similar way
> > as
> > if you use the printer Off Line.
> > But it is not, prints document are quueued and the first job in the queue
> > has the status "printing", but nothing goes out.
> >
> > No alarms gets reported by the driver, the printer is On and enought paper
> > in.
> > The driver is set as default, with pooling option and print directly to
> > printer.
> >
> > The only way to recover, is to switch off the printer and switch on again,
> > the the first document in the queue gets prints with garbage and others
> > follow correctly.
> >
> > After this, it continue to works as normaly and after a while it start
> > again .
> >
> > Any idea what could it be, I am out of ideas ?
> >
> > thnaks for your help
> > regards
> >
> > serge

Works the same way there, default is set to power off in both XP and 2000.
--

message news:51A8247C-6C07-483A-92F9-CE7B05E0ABB6@microsoft.com...