NO ADD PRINTER WIZARD

I bought a dell computer new at the begining of the year and I run windows xp
I bought a canon mp780 multi function printer and can't install it on to the
computer without receiveing error mess. saying unable to install new hardware
Also I go to start- to control panel and then to printers and hardware and
try to start the add printer wizard and nothing comes up Please some one help
missmay

"miss sallymay" <misssallymay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7F157052-1848-40EF-92CC-F86A7854F6CE@microsoft.com...
>I bought a dell computer new at the begining of the year and I run
>windows xp
> I bought a canon mp780 multi function printer and can't install it
> on to the
> computer without receiveing error mess. saying unable to install
> new hardware
> Also I go to start- to control panel and then to printers and
> hardware and
> try to start the add printer wizard and nothing comes up Please
> some one help
> missmay

Since your computer should be still under warranty, you should
direct your questions to Dell. Your computer seller or manufacturer
is the resource to use if Windows came installed on a new computer.
Microsoft only supports software purchased apart from a new
computer.

--
Earl F. Parrish

Ensure the print spooler is running before trying to install the software:

http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm

Do NOT connect the printer until the software tells you to do so.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"miss sallymay" <misssallymay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought a dell computer new at the begining of the year and I run windows
>xp
> I bought a canon mp780 multi function printer and can't install it on to
> the
> computer without receiveing error mess. saying unable to install new
> hardware
> Also I go to start- to control panel and then to printers and hardware and
> try to start the add printer wizard and nothing comes up Please some one
> help
> missmay

how do I do that cari And i accidentally did have the printer connected
before I installed the printer but I try to stop but I don't know what to do
now.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Ensure the print spooler is running before trying to install the software:
>
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
>
> Do NOT connect the printer until the software tells you to do so.
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "miss sallymay" <misssallymay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I bought a dell computer new at the begining of the year and I run windows
> >xp
> > I bought a canon mp780 multi function printer and can't install it on to
> > the
> > computer without receiveing error mess. saying unable to install new
> > hardware
> > Also I go to start- to control panel and then to printers and hardware and
> > try to start the add printer wizard and nothing comes up Please some one
> > help
> > missmay

Byte

Uninstall & reinstall Printer