Printer cannot found on server

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

hi,

my client pc running on win98 and attach with canon bjc1000. im using winxp
to connect that printer it seem ok, but after a few minutes i cannot connect
it.
What is the problem? Can anyone help me.

Regards,
PCK

Let me get this right... the Windows 98 PC has the Canon BJC-1000 installed
on it and correctly shared out?

The XP PC is on the same Workgroup in the network with the Windows 98 PC and
can see and access the files on the 98 PC correctly?

How are the PCs connected... via a router, hub or switch?
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"dan" <dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> my client pc running on win98 and attach with canon bjc1000. im using
> winxp
> to connect that printer it seem ok, but after a few minutes i cannot
> connect
> it.
> What is the problem? Can anyone help me.
>
> Regards,
> PCK

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

connected to the switch

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Let me get this right... the Windows 98 PC has the Canon BJC-1000 installed
> on it and correctly shared out?
>
> The XP PC is on the same Workgroup in the network with the Windows 98 PC and
> can see and access the files on the 98 PC correctly?
>
> How are the PCs connected... via a router, hub or switch?
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "dan" <dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> >
> > my client pc running on win98 and attach with canon bjc1000. im using
> > winxp
> > to connect that printer it seem ok, but after a few minutes i cannot
> > connect
> > it.
> > What is the problem? Can anyone help me.
> >
> > Regards,
> > PCK

Can the 98PC see the files and folders on the XP PC? What is the Shared
Name of the Printer?
--

> connected to the switch
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Let me get this right... the Windows 98 PC has the Canon BJC-1000
>> installed
>> on it and correctly shared out?
>>
>> The XP PC is on the same Workgroup in the network with the Windows 98 PC
>> and
>> can see and access the files on the 98 PC correctly?
>>
>> How are the PCs connected... via a router, hub or switch?
>> --
>> Cari
>> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>>
>> "dan" <dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi,
>> >
>> > my client pc running on win98 and attach with canon bjc1000. im using
>> > winxp
>> > to connect that printer it seem ok, but after a few minutes i cannot
>> > connect
>> > it.
>> > What is the problem? Can anyone help me.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > PCK

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

both machine can see, the canon printer is attached with win98 pc. Canon is
the printer name.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Can the 98PC see the files and folders on the XP PC? What is the Shared
> Name of the Printer?
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "dan" <dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > connected to the switch
> >

> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Let me get this right... the Windows 98 PC has the Canon BJC-1000
> >> installed
> >> on it and correctly shared out?
> >>
> >> The XP PC is on the same Workgroup in the network with the Windows 98 PC
> >> and
> >> can see and access the files on the 98 PC correctly?
> >>
> >> How are the PCs connected... via a router, hub or switch?
> >> --
> >> Cari
> >> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
> >>
> >> "dan" <dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Try using \\MACHINENAME\PRINTERNAME
as the location of the printer where MACHINENAME is the Shared Name of the
98 PC and PRINTERNAME is the Shared Name of the Printer on the 98 PC.