everquest video card

i am trying to launch eq2 but ui get an error that says i need a video
card that has at least 4 texture units. I have an nvidia geoforce 2
400. how do i set it to have 4 texture units? is there a way??

thanks
patrick

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <1121486918.218336.162540@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
elfkar2001@yahoo.com says...
> i am trying to launch eq2 but ui get an error that says i need a video
> card that has at least 4 texture units. I have an nvidia geoforce 2
> 400. how do i set it to have 4 texture units? is there a way??

Upgrading video cards is your only option. A geforce2 MX 400 is a pretty
old card, and it was pretty entry level even in its day.

While you can get away with a modern entry level card, a title like EQ2
really benefits from something a little stronger.

elfkar2001@yahoo.com crashed Echelon writing

> i am trying to launch eq2 but ui get an error that says i need a video
> card that has at least 4 texture units. I have an nvidia geoforce 2
> 400. how do i set it to have 4 texture units? is there a way??

You dont, you buy a new card.

--
Bjarke Andersen
Wanna reply by email? Remove the spammer in address

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

elfkar2001@yahoo.com wrote:
> i am trying to launch eq2 but ui get an error that says i need a video
> card that has at least 4 texture units. I have an nvidia geoforce 2
> 400. how do i set it to have 4 texture units? is there a way??
>
> thanks
> patrick

Here's a massive list of video cards from the past few years, listed
from best to worst. You'll find that card way down at the bottom.

http://www.top5kit.com/articles/videocards.asp

What CPU do you have? If it's as old as that video card you might be
able to get an old (good) card to match it, very cheap from ebay.