shared printer problems

We have 5 terminals in our parts department. They are all running windows
XP-pro. We had an Epson 6600 slaved to one of the terminals and shared with
the network. It was working flawlessly until we decided to change the printer
to be slaved with a different terminal to allow scanning capability. We ran a
new cable and installed the printer which works fine from the terminal it is
now slaved to. We then shared the printer and added it to the other 4
terminals, We are unable to print from the other 4 terminals!! The job shows
as printing but nothing happens. We are still able to print to all of the
other printers on the network so I assume we do not have a network problem.
We have uninstalled and reinstalled from all 5 terminals twice but did not
have any luck solving this problem. Any ideas what is going on here?? Thanks

Make sure you shared it out correctly... see Bruce Sanderson's article at:
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Make sure you shared it out correctly... see Bruce Sanderson's article at:
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterAllUsers.htm
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "mijoda52" <mijoda52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have 5 terminals in our parts department. They are all running windows
> > XP-pro. We had an Epson 6600 slaved to one of the terminals and shared
> > with
> > the network. It was working flawlessly until we decided to change the
> > printer
> > to be slaved with a different terminal to allow scanning capability. We
> > ran a
> > new cable and installed the printer which works fine from the terminal it
> > is
> > now slaved to. We then shared the printer and added it to the other 4
> > terminals, We are unable to print from the other 4 terminals!! The job
> > shows
> > as printing but nothing happens. We are still able to print to all of the
> > other printers on the network so I assume we do not have a network
> > problem.
> > We have uninstalled and reinstalled from all 5 terminals twice but did not
> > have any luck solving this problem. Any ideas what is going on here??
> > Thanks

this problem is not muti-users on one station. It is network wide, no one can
access this printer except the station that the printer is slaved from. All
of the stations list the printer. When the printer was first installed, all
we did was to install and share it and it worked perfectly from all stations
until we moved it to another station.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Make sure you shared it out correctly... see Bruce Sanderson's article at:
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterAllUsers.htm
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "mijoda52" <mijoda52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have 5 terminals in our parts department. They are all running windows
> > XP-pro. We had an Epson 6600 slaved to one of the terminals and shared
> > with
> > the network. It was working flawlessly until we decided to change the
> > printer
> > to be slaved with a different terminal to allow scanning capability. We
> > ran a
> > new cable and installed the printer which works fine from the terminal it
> > is
> > now slaved to. We then shared the printer and added it to the other 4
> > terminals, We are unable to print from the other 4 terminals!! The job
> > shows
> > as printing but nothing happens. We are still able to print to all of the
> > other printers on the network so I assume we do not have a network
> > problem.
> > We have uninstalled and reinstalled from all 5 terminals twice but did not
> > have any luck solving this problem. Any ideas what is going on here??
> > Thanks

Firewall on the PC in question?