rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /Gw option

BobS

Has anyone been able to get the /Gw option, or /q, to work when using the
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry?

i.e.
Here is what I type

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /Gw /n \\printerunc\path

It still advises me about connecting to server for driver and to be careful
about installing drivers from unknown sources.

Byte

The below website (URL) may be of some help:
Command Line Printer Control
http://www.robvanderwoude.com/2kprintcontrol.html
--
Windows Beta Tester and
Programmer WNP

"BobS" wrote:

> Has anyone been able to get the /Gw option, or /q, to work when using the
> rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry?
>
> i.e.
> Here is what I type
>
> rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /Gw /n \\printerunc\path
>
> It still advises me about connecting to server for driver and to be careful
> about installing drivers from unknown sources.

BobS

Thank you but that is nothing more than a print out of the options to use
with this command line function. I know what the options are, but what I
want to know is if the /q or /Gw option work. I have tried it both and XP
sp1 and XP sp2 machine it does not do a silent install of the printer.

"Byte" wrote:

> The below website (URL) may be of some help:
> Command Line Printer Control
> http://www.robvanderwoude.com/2kprintcontrol.html
> --
> Windows Beta Tester and
> Programmer WNP
>

> "BobS" wrote:
>
> > Has anyone been able to get the /Gw option, or /q, to work when using the
> > rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry?
> >
> > i.e.
> > Here is what I type
> >
> > rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /Gw /n \\printerunc\path
> >
> > It still advises me about connecting to server for driver and to be careful
> > about installing drivers from unknown sources.

TRENDING THREADS