Adding Network Printer

I have added a printer to my XP computer that I want to network with my win
98 computer. On the XP I have set it up to share, put when I go to the 98
computer - network neighborhood and double click the printer is not listed.
What am I doing wrong, how do I get it added. They are connected with a
network hub. I can get the xp computer in the network to work, but not the 98

Thanks,
Candie

Expand AllCollapse All

Did you enable File and Print Sharing?
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"Candie" <Candie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have added a printer to my XP computer that I want to network with my win
> 98 computer. On the XP I have set it up to share, put when I go to the
> 98
> computer - network neighborhood and double click the printer is not
> listed.
> What am I doing wrong, how do I get it added. They are connected with a
> network hub. I can get the xp computer in the network to work, but not
> the 98
>
> Thanks,
> Candie
>

> Expand AllCollapse All

Yes it was, and I finally got it to work. I ran the network setup again.
and then I could add the path to the printer setup to the 98 machine. Thanks
for your help.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Did you enable File and Print Sharing?
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "Candie" <Candie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have added a printer to my XP computer that I want to network with my win
> > 98 computer. On the XP I have set it up to share, put when I go to the
> > 98
> > computer - network neighborhood and double click the printer is not
> > listed.
> > What am I doing wrong, how do I get it added. They are connected with a
> > network hub. I can get the xp computer in the network to work, but not
> > the 98
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Candie
> >

> > Expand AllCollapse All