Xbox 360 or ps3

Solution
I think on paper the PS3 is a much better system but because of the cell processor any 3rd party games definitely look worse on it. BUT, since the new generation of consoles will be out in ~10 months I'd go for the PS3 anyway because Sony supports their old consoles for about 3 or so years after a new one is out. I can almost guarantee you the Xbox360 will stop getting games for it about 9 months (if not sooner) after the new Xbox hits shelves.

I were you I'd just wait another 10 months until the new Playstation and Xbox come out. Sure they'll be more but hey it's going to last you 7ish years.
Have you looked at the price of console games, especially for new AAA titles? They are $10-20 more than for a PC. I picked XBOX because it seems to have better media playback and integration with a Windows based computer for file sharing (movies, audio, etc...). Games are probably equal in quality on both. PS3 would be good if you want a Blu Ray player, but other than that I'd go with an XBOX and Kinect.

idroid

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Xbox 360 has better graphics.

mercscompare.jpg

compare.jpg

ps3-vs-xbox-360-games.jpeg

Anyways... they both suck and are NOTHING compared to a cheap-ass ~600$ PC

idroid

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
here:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $610.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-09-18 15:56 EDT-0400)

tremborg

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
depends on your choice.....
firstly, watch out for platform exclusive titles.....
Xbox360 has exclusives like halo,forza,alan wake,gears of war,etc.
on the other hand ps3 has exclusive uncharted,infamous,gran turismo, etc.

Secondly, hardware wise...both platforms perform well and almost identical in most modern games & graphics difference in some games is not at all that deal breaker...some game look better on a ps3 while some look better on xbox360.
Advantages of ps3 over Xbox 360:
1. Blu-ray drive.
2. Free online play.
3. Playstation ‘move’ is more accurate and lag-free than kinect.

Advantages of Xbox 360 over ps3:
1. Though xbox live is a paid service, it is a lot better than playstation network.
2. Better gamepad (it’s my personal opinion)
3. Though kinect lags, but ….you know…you are the controller…

In the end its your personal choice..
I prefer ps3 only because of its exclusives.…

Oct 15, 2012

depends what you want. solely online go 360(better fan base) but you got to ay for live. If you want to do single player and multiplayer i would go ps3. The ps3 has free online(unless you pay for plastation plus, where you get a ton of discounted games), the ps3 is also said to be more powerfull than the 360 however this is never really applied because most games are written for 360 and ported to ps3. The only time this matters is if it is an exclusive in which case sony will always win way better exclusives. Plus ps3 has a blue ray player. if you can try and get a fat version of the ps3 because in my mind there the only ones worth the money(early ones have chrome). If i were you i would stick with pc might be a little more expensive, but you get mods, better graphics, better speed, and you dont have to enter the console wars.

bogo663

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Just pick up what most of your friends have. The exclusives are highly debatable. Personally I don't like most PS3 exclusives while I enjoy Halo and Gears. If you are looking for a Call of Duty based console, get the Xbox. It gets the DLC early and the game itself looks better on the 360. If you are looking for an immersive single player console, get the PS3. The exclusives for it look astonishing. If you have no friends who own a console and want to just interact with others online, nothing beats Xbox live. But the thing I want to stress more is getting what your friends have. Being able to converse with people while playing games makes your experience leagues better.

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
the graphics dispute is not even worth while, all games almost all look the same.

i do prefer PS3, has more of my favourite games, but i do also have an xbox 360 for their exclusives. xbox 360 does have better online play for groups, but i like playstation plus because every month they have free games for a cheaper subscription cost.

so for me its a matter of how much a online subscription would cost and what you get in return, PS+ you get free stuff, where as xbox 360 you get a more fine tuned network experience, for me ill take the "free" stuff.

but I do pick PC over console every time if the game is multi platform, just easier to keep all my games to a single system unless they are exclusive to another system.

dragon199

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
see list of games and then decide both have different exclusives

xbox has kinect and a better online service but it is paid

ps3 has free online and much better exclusives

by the way the only reason for buying a console is to get the exclusives otherwise pc gaming is the best

ahmadhussain101

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012

Actually prices in Pakistan are 20-30% higher than the NEWEGG or Amazon or any other international online stores so that might be [$732-$800].
While i can get an xbox 360 with kinect for $500 or ps3(without move) for $350
So now what do you think? :bounce:

FishMonger

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
I think on paper the PS3 is a much better system but because of the cell processor any 3rd party games definitely look worse on it. BUT, since the new generation of consoles will be out in ~10 months I'd go for the PS3 anyway because Sony supports their old consoles for about 3 or so years after a new one is out. I can almost guarantee you the Xbox360 will stop getting games for it about 9 months (if not sooner) after the new Xbox hits shelves.

I were you I'd just wait another 10 months until the new Playstation and Xbox come out. Sure they'll be more but hey it's going to last you 7ish years.

Solution

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
if you are looking to get into the gaming now, id get the PS3, as mentioned they will support it for much longer than M$ will the xbox 360 once the new consoles are out.

if you can wait then i would do so, even if you were still going to pick up a PS3 or xbox 360 because the price drops will be pretty nice.