Why cant my computer run Skyrim?

omegamo

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
i just wonder why i cant run Skyrim without getting a damned BSOD, i cant even gett past the loading screen without my whole damn computer crashing!

i've had this problem now since the release of the darn game, i even pre-ordered it so i had it on release! so you can immagine how annoyed i am to still have not had the chance to play it! :(

Specs!
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
CPU Cooling Device: Cooler Master V10 CPU Kjøler
GFX Cards: XFX Radeon HD 5970 2GB GDDR5 (and i have two of them in crossfire)
RAM: Corsair Dominator DHX+ DDR3 1333MHz 8GB
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula, Socket-AM3
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider ST1500, 1500W PSU
Main Hard Drive, SSD: Corsair SSD Force Series 2,5" 120GB
Secondary Hard Drives: Western Digital Caviar® GreenPower? 1TB (i have two of them)

so....here it is, theese are my specs, and i beg for some helpfull answers becous this is seriusly ******* annoying!

p000n-tang_be4r

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Are you overclocking anything?

If you are not overclocking anything and everything is running at stock speeds then try either re-installing the game, re-installing graphics drivers, downloading and installing the latest graphics drivers or disabling crossfire mode.
Try doing each of these one at a time and if the game works then you obviously found the source of the problem that is making your machine crash.

Good luck

omegamo

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
i am running at stock clocking speed, i have tried with and without crossfire, i have formated the computer twice and made sure i have the latest updates everywhere and that every driver is up to date, i have read that there are some problems with Skyrim running on computers that have two or more GPU's, and they said try and run without crossfire, but i have a problem where on each of my GFX-Cards i have 2 GPU's, so even without Crossfire i still have 2x GPU's active!

is there a way to single out a GPU and deactivate it? since i have 4 of them in my computer, is there a way to shut down 3 of them?

americanbrian

Distinguished
I have had issues with Skyrim overheating my VDDR or Graphics card RAM.

My Graphics card has a memory temp monitor and it goes up over 100C, but only with skyrim.

I have to underclock it and run the GPU fan at 100% and then I can play.

Hello, yeah, I second that it would be nice to know what the BSOD error code is and if it's consistent or not.

you can download bluescreenview so you don't have to forcefully crash your pc

omegamo

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
when i gett back from work i will gett you the BSOD error code ;) i like the fact that i gett the answers so quickly!

but as far as i remember it is the same code every time, and ive tried quite alot of times to test different things, allways the same code! :S

Very weird. In my expirience, BSOD comes most times from faulty RAM modules first (skyrim does load a decent ammount of info into the ram), lack of power delivered to a componenet when it is stressed or driver issue.

However, there are a few other things that might be it:
Do you have a 64 bit system or a 32 bit?

omegamo

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Btw i run windows 7 ultimate 64 bit!

and this is what it says in my blue screen wiev program:

==================================================
Dump File : 090612-30217-01.dmp
Crash Time : 9/6/2012 8:30:41 PM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000116
Parameter 1 : fffffa80`076a5010
Parameter 2 : fffff880`0456a768
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000002
Caused By Driver : dxgkrnl.sys
Caused By Address : dxgkrnl.sys+5d000
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\MiniDump\090612-30217-01.dmp
Processors Count : 6
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 577,112
==================================================

it says the same on all the crash files, i have 6 other crashes logged on this computer, all say the same! :S

is there more info that might help you guys ;)? i just hope to find an answer soon! i want to play Skyrim :'(

omegamo

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
ohh and one more thing, i forgot to say that i did run a "memtest" and it did not report any bugs or errors, i bought the package that cost 5$, so i ran all 8 gig's at once ;)