Think i finally got a good overclock

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
Hey all. I finally overclocked my xp 1900+ to 1775 MHz (169MHz*10.5). It's been running for three days and i've had no hardware problems. My core is at 1.775V and my dimm voltage is 2.6. My temps are 32C for my board and 34C idle and 36.5C heavy load. I'm running it on watercooling. Do you think i can push it more or should i keep it at what it's at. Any tips to keep it running well?

Save the trees.. wipe your ass with an owl.

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Hey, Pals aren't really known for their overclocking abilities.

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Neither are Coppermines!

Er, let me take that back...The 500E was known to go around 980MHz with some effort, the 550E was known to go around 980MHz with some effort, the 600E was known to go around 980MHz with some effort, the 650E was known to go around 980MHz with some effort, these were known as GREAT overclockers. But then, the 700E was known to got 980 with some effort, the 800E was known to go around 980 with some effort...You see a pattern here? The 933 and 1000EB were not known to be good overclockers, see the pattern above. In fact, Intel had to recall the factory overclocked 1133.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
sorry it took so long for me to post back. I was thinking about what you said about it not being a good overclock. I've been tinkering with my settings and now i am at 1870 MHZ (11*170). My Vcore is 2.2 V ( i don't know if thats overkill), and my ramm is running at 2.8 volts. I've been trying to get it to 1900 MHZ, but when it gets to the windows loadup screen, it freezes. It's running around 46-47C load and 44C idle. I want to volt mod it now so i can get the vcore higher, but my temps seem rather high. I need to find some antifreeze for the watercooling (its distilled water and watter wetter now). I'm trying to figure out also how can I make my current setup cooler. I have 5 case fans and i could take one out and put it on the radiator (there's already a 120mm one there.) Any ideas?

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
so i should bump it down? to what? 2.15, 2.1? also, for my watercooling setup, should i have another resevoir than the one innovatek gave me (it's rather small)? Would that help cooling? Also, should it be very big like a liter or could it be as small as a coke bottle?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I would leave the water cooling alone and see if it runs stable at a lower voltage, like 2.1v

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

svol

Champion
Don't use antifreeze as it only decreases the cooling capability of water.
You VCore is very high already so I wont increase that one.

My peltier is so powerful I get Bose-Einstein Condensate beneath it :eek: .

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
i decreased the Vcore to 2.1V and i haven't had any problems other than the occasional freeze ( i don't know if thats caused by my running lot of programs or if the cpu is unstable.) Anyway, i haven't added anything other than 1% water wetter to the water. I also use cpuidle which greatly decresed the temp of my processor greatly. Thanks for the posts everyone.

svol

Champion
You can test if your CPU is stable by running toast to max it out for some time. You can find it <A HREF="http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~svo/Toast.exe" target="_new">here</A>.

My peltier is so powerful I get Bose-Einstein Condensate beneath it :eek: .