Lexmark 125 Printer

pwms1 Wrote:
> I have a lexmark 125 Printer. It has been working fine for
> approximately a year. I have had to uninstall and reinstall the
> printer since XP service pack 2. I have everything connected right,
> have checked and double checked the connections. The printer will
> copy, but when I have to print, it gives me a message, "Cannot
> communicate with Printer". Someone please help! What am I doing
> worng? Email me at pwms.1@earthlink.net

For all of those out there who cannot connect to their printer, Lexmark
125, go into printer/fax and check to see if your printer is offline.
If it is, right click on printer, and check online. Your printer
should work now. I have been ging into printer/fax, and seen the
offline status, but ignored it.

--
pwms1

I have a Compaq/Lexmark printer I've had problems with since I upgraded to
XP. The so said driver fix (SP16040) makes the printer work, but, that's all.
I bought a HP printer for the flatbed scan feature and tryed to hook them
both up and the the Compaq goes offline and won't interface, disconnect the
new printer and it works fine. I've checked for hardware conflicts and there
are none.
I belive the software suppied to Microsoft from Lexmark is foul.
My older printer is very similar to the x125 all in one
Compaq put it's name and number on it (A1500 all in one)