Battlefield BSOD and Freezing Win7. (TRIED EVERYTHING!)

Brookcie

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
Okay, FFS! :fou: I got this game in the beginning of 2012 via Origin. All was fine everything great!

Left the game for a few months, came back to it recently (last week or so) and BSOD.

After 5 minutes in game, Freezing, sound shuddering, if I wait I get a BSOD.

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!
Updated BIOS, Have the latest drivers for EVERYTHING, disabled on-board Realktek sound, lowered setting to lowest, out of full screen mode, changed keyboard and mouse, tested memory (twice), re-installed BF3, uninstalled antivirus and even re-installed windows. Still BSOD!!!!

What other options are there?!

SOMEONE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

System Specs:
Win7 Ultimate 64bit
8Gb Ram
Geforce GTX 550Ti
AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon HD Graphics

PSU Model? Also, you might want to consider rerolling to previous windows settings if you not loosing anything significat (assuming nothing else works). Another thing, make a clean install of directX that came WITH battlefield instalation, and frame network.

Good luck mate.

iyzik

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012
If all that didn't work it is probably a BIOS setting, faulty component (PSU most likely), or overheating possibly because of loose cooling blocks or no thermal paste.
Try clearing CMOS/ resetting BIOS settings, disable inboard graphics like said above, don't overclock CPU or GPU. Then get MSI Afterburner and watch loads and temperatures up to when it crashes.

Brookcie

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011

They are deficiently off, not in device manager and cannot be found in any overclocking/underclocking software.

Brookcie

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011

I'll check my PSU when I get home. For the Directx, it's the proper one and rolling back using system restore cannot be done since of the new install of Windows 7.

Brookcie

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011

I saw that about 5 minutes before crashing, the GPU was 70C, that bad or is it normal? Also, the BIOS doesn't help either when reset. Hopefully it's just a simple thing like the PSU, just grab another from the store. Keep you posted on the type when I arrive home in about 3 hours.

Brookcie

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
Little bit embarrassing.... It seems that Once I had cleaned the inside and left the side cover of the computer off they BSOD and freezing stopped.
HOWEVER! I have found that my PSU is fitted for 220 - 230v and mine is 240v. Thanks for the suggestions!