Sign in with
Your question

Battlefield BSOD and Freezing Win7. (TRIED EVERYTHING!)

Last response: in Video Games
September 19, 2012 2:02:00 PM

Okay, FFS! :fou:  I got this game in the beginning of 2012 via Origin. All was fine everything great!

Left the game for a few months, came back to it recently (last week or so) and BSOD.

After 5 minutes in game, Freezing, sound shuddering, if I wait I get a BSOD.

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!
Updated BIOS, Have the latest drivers for EVERYTHING, disabled on-board Realktek sound, lowered setting to lowest, out of full screen mode, changed keyboard and mouse, tested memory (twice), re-installed BF3, uninstalled antivirus and even re-installed windows. Still BSOD!!!!

What other options are there?!

SOMEONE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

System Specs:
Win7 Ultimate 64bit
8Gb Ram
Geforce GTX 550Ti
AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
September 19, 2012 2:43:59 PM

double check the Radeon graphics are disabled. check temps when playing, CPU and GPU.
m
l
September 19, 2012 3:28:17 PM

PSU Model? Also, you might want to consider rerolling to previous windows settings if you not loosing anything significat (assuming nothing else works). Another thing, make a clean install of directX that came WITH battlefield instalation, and frame network.

Good luck mate.
m
l
Related resources
September 19, 2012 4:57:48 PM

If all that didn't work it is probably a BIOS setting, faulty component (PSU most likely), or overheating possibly because of loose cooling blocks or no thermal paste.
Try clearing CMOS/ resetting BIOS settings, disable inboard graphics like said above, don't overclock CPU or GPU. Then get MSI Afterburner and watch loads and temperatures up to when it crashes.
m
l
September 20, 2012 4:40:55 AM

mi1ez said:
double check the Radeon graphics are disabled. check temps when playing, CPU and GPU.

They are deficiently off, not in device manager and cannot be found in any overclocking/underclocking software.
m
l
September 20, 2012 4:42:17 AM

cats_Paw said:
PSU Model? Also, you might want to consider rerolling to previous windows settings if you not loosing anything significat (assuming nothing else works). Another thing, make a clean install of directX that came WITH battlefield instalation, and frame network.

Good luck mate.

I'll check my PSU when I get home. For the Directx, it's the proper one and rolling back using system restore cannot be done since of the new install of Windows 7.
m
l
September 20, 2012 4:44:34 AM

iyzik said:
If all that didn't work it is probably a BIOS setting, faulty component (PSU most likely), or overheating possibly because of loose cooling blocks or no thermal paste.
Try clearing CMOS/ resetting BIOS settings, disable inboard graphics like said above, don't overclock CPU or GPU. Then get MSI Afterburner and watch loads and temperatures up to when it crashes.

I saw that about 5 minutes before crashing, the GPU was 70C, that bad or is it normal? Also, the BIOS doesn't help either when reset. Hopefully it's just a simple thing like the PSU, just grab another from the store. Keep you posted on the type when I arrive home in about 3 hours.
m
l
September 21, 2012 12:34:40 PM

Little bit embarrassing.... It seems that Once I had cleaned the inside and left the side cover of the computer off they BSOD and freezing stopped.
HOWEVER! I have found that my PSU is fitted for 220 - 230v and mine is 240v. Thanks for the suggestions!
m
l
!