black & white printing almost always includes blue

I have two printers, HP deskjet 880C and Canon i950. When I print graphics on
the 880C parts of it are almost always bluish. When I try to print black and
white photos on the i950 they always come out bluish grey, not pure black and
white. What can I do to print just black and white?
4 answers Last reply
More about black white printing includes blue

    Did you select 'grayscale' as the desired output?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "jp3000" <jp3000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have two printers, HP deskjet 880C and Canon i950. When I print graphics
    >on
    > the 880C parts of it are almost always bluish. When I try to print black
    > and
    > white photos on the i950 they always come out bluish grey, not pure black
    > and
    > white. What can I do to print just black and white?

    Have you tried replacing black ink? Sounds like printer is using colour ink
    to create the black instead of the black ink itself

    "jp3000" wrote:

    > I have two printers, HP deskjet 880C and Canon i950. When I print graphics on
    > the 880C parts of it are almost always bluish. When I try to print black and
    > white photos on the i950 they always come out bluish grey, not pure black and
    > white. What can I do to print just black and white?

    Yes - I tried selecting 'grayscale.' Doesn't help - - - - -

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Did you select 'grayscale' as the desired output?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "jp3000" <jp3000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have two printers, HP deskjet 880C and Canon i950. When I print graphics
    > >on
    > > the 880C parts of it are almost always bluish. When I try to print black
    > > and
    > > white photos on the i950 they always come out bluish grey, not pure black
    > > and
    > > white. What can I do to print just black and white?

    Yes - the black inks in both printers has been changed at least once - didn't
    help - - -

    "Crisp" wrote:

    > Have you tried replacing black ink? Sounds like printer is using colour ink
    > to create the black instead of the black ink itself
    >
    > "jp3000" wrote:
    >
    > > I have two printers, HP deskjet 880C and Canon i950. When I print graphics on
    > > the 880C parts of it are almost always bluish. When I try to print black and
    > > white photos on the i950 they always come out bluish grey, not pure black and
    > > white. What can I do to print just black and white?

Windows XP