Windows Fax Timeout?

TT

Hi,

I have just installed the Fax Services in my PC when I hit the following
problem.

I use the 'Send Fax' wizard and upon clicking 'Finish', I hear the Tone but
before it could dial the number, the system responses with a 'No response'.
The tone only lasts for a mere 1 second.

Is there a way to resolve this?

Software/Hardware:

1. Windows XP Home Edition with SP2
2. Microsoft Word 2003
3. Fax Services in Control Panel > Add/Remove Windows Component
4. Creative Modem Blaster V.90 PCI DI5655

Ensure that your modem is a fax modem that supports class 1 or 2 fax and is
on the Windows XP HCL list.
Ensure your modem is configured to wait for a dial tone before dialing.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"TT" <TT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed the Fax Services in my PC when I hit the following
> problem.
>
> I use the 'Send Fax' wizard and upon clicking 'Finish', I hear the Tone
> but
> before it could dial the number, the system responses with a 'No
> response'.
> The tone only lasts for a mere 1 second.
>
> Is there a way to resolve this?
>
> Software/Hardware:
>
> 1. Windows XP Home Edition with SP2
> 2. Microsoft Word 2003
> 3. Fax Services in Control Panel > Add/Remove Windows Component
> 4. Creative Modem Blaster V.90 PCI DI5655

TT

Thanks, Russ.

I have checked and can confirm the following:

1. Fax Modem? Yes
2. Supports Class 1 Fax? Yes
3. Modem configured to wait for a dial tone before dialing? Yes

Thanks.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Ensure that your modem is a fax modem that supports class 1 or 2 fax and is
> on the Windows XP HCL list.
> Ensure your modem is configured to wait for a dial tone before dialing.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "TT" <TT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just installed the Fax Services in my PC when I hit the following
> > problem.
> >
> > I use the 'Send Fax' wizard and upon clicking 'Finish', I hear the Tone
> > but
> > before it could dial the number, the system responses with a 'No
> > response'.
> > The tone only lasts for a mere 1 second.
> >
> > Is there a way to resolve this?
> >
> > Software/Hardware:
> >
> > 1. Windows XP Home Edition with SP2
> > 2. Microsoft Word 2003
> > 3. Fax Services in Control Panel > Add/Remove Windows Component
> > 4. Creative Modem Blaster V.90 PCI DI5655

If all your other dial out functions work correctly with this modem, it
may not be compatible with Windows XP Fax. A lot of modems aren't.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

TT wrote:
> Thanks, Russ.
>
> I have checked and can confirm the following:
>
> 1. Fax Modem? Yes
> 2. Supports Class 1 Fax? Yes
> 3. Modem configured to wait for a dial tone before dialing? Yes
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>

>>Ensure that your modem is a fax modem that supports class 1 or 2 fax and is
>>on the Windows XP HCL list.
>>Ensure your modem is configured to wait for a dial tone before dialing.
>>--
>>Russ Valentine
>>[MVP-Outlook]
>>"TT" <TT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I have just installed the Fax Services in my PC when I hit the following
>>>problem.
>>>
>>>I use the 'Send Fax' wizard and upon clicking 'Finish', I hear the Tone
>>>but
>>>before it could dial the number, the system responses with a 'No
>>>response'.
>>>The tone only lasts for a mere 1 second.
>>>
>>>Is there a way to resolve this?
>>>
>>>Software/Hardware:
>>>
>>>1. Windows XP Home Edition with SP2
>>>2. Microsoft Word 2003
>>>3. Fax Services in Control Panel > Add/Remove Windows Component
>>>4. Creative Modem Blaster V.90 PCI DI5655

TT

Thanks, Russ.

"Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:

> If all your other dial out functions work correctly with this modem, it
> may not be compatible with Windows XP Fax. A lot of modems aren't.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
>
> TT wrote:
> > Thanks, Russ.
> >
> > I have checked and can confirm the following:
> >
> > 1. Fax Modem? Yes
> > 2. Supports Class 1 Fax? Yes
> > 3. Modem configured to wait for a dial tone before dialing? Yes
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >

> >>Ensure that your modem is a fax modem that supports class 1 or 2 fax and is
> >>on the Windows XP HCL list.
> >>Ensure your modem is configured to wait for a dial tone before dialing.
> >>--
> >>Russ Valentine
> >>[MVP-Outlook]
> >>"TT" <TT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Charles

I have a USR 56k (external) fax modem and have experienced similar problems.
The device works fine with other manufactures Fax applications, so why can't
XP after a number of years, address this problem? In addition, the limited
feedback during the progress of a fax transmission/reception is somewhat
inadequate.

"Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:

> If all your other dial out functions work correctly with this modem, it
> may not be compatible with Windows XP Fax. A lot of modems aren't.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
>
> TT wrote:
> > Thanks, Russ.
> >
> > I have checked and can confirm the following:
> >
> > 1. Fax Modem? Yes
> > 2. Supports Class 1 Fax? Yes
> > 3. Modem configured to wait for a dial tone before dialing? Yes
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >

> >>Ensure that your modem is a fax modem that supports class 1 or 2 fax and is
> >>on the Windows XP HCL list.
> >>Ensure your modem is configured to wait for a dial tone before dialing.
> >>--
> >>Russ Valentine
> >>[MVP-Outlook]
> >>"TT" <TT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Good question. None of us would have the answer.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]