Doc does not print

Toshiba Laptop - about 2 years old using Windows
XP - Home Edition. Problem started about 2 weeks
ago with same printers used for the last 2 years.

PROBLEM:
Printer queue shows document printing but nothing
prints out. No error message and printer icon
disappears from right bottom corner.

Happens on HP Laser Jet and Lexmark Inkjet printers.
Both use LPT1 pararell port.

Printers work when connected to another computer
with same cables used for laptop.

Have removed printers and drivers.

Laptop recognizes printer when rebooted and installs
driver.

Get error message that printer is not ready when
printer is off and try to print document. When printer
is turned on message goes away but nothing prints.

Printer using USB port worked when used to test why
printing does not happen.

Talked to Toshiba support tech and he feels it is
a software (printer spooler) problem, not a hardware
problem.

Problem happens everytime a document is tried to be
printed.

Byte

Start Printer Spooler
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm

If the above does not solve your situation, try this:
Start>ControlPanel>Printers and Faxes>rightclick the printer and
click Properties>Advanced Tab>tick "print directly to printer>
Click Apply and OK.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"fibercare" wrote:

> Toshiba Laptop - about 2 years old using Windows
> XP - Home Edition. Problem started about 2 weeks
> ago with same printers used for the last 2 years.
>
> PROBLEM:
> Printer queue shows document printing but nothing
> prints out. No error message and printer icon
> disappears from right bottom corner.
>
> Happens on HP Laser Jet and Lexmark Inkjet printers.
> Both use LPT1 pararell port.
>
> Printers work when connected to another computer
> with same cables used for laptop.
>
> Have removed printers and drivers.
>
> Laptop recognizes printer when rebooted and installs
> driver.
>
> Get error message that printer is not ready when
> printer is off and try to print document. When printer
> is turned on message goes away but nothing prints.
>
> Printer using USB port worked when used to test why
> printing does not happen.
>
> Talked to Toshiba support tech and he feels it is
> a software (printer spooler) problem, not a hardware
> problem.
>
> Problem happens everytime a document is tried to be
> printed.

fibercare,

This looks like a similar problem I have had - jus posted a question.
I managed to get it to print by making the user a power user. I know it
makes no sense but it did work.
We are using XP Pro though!