VZW Treo 650

On 4/5/05 4:10 PM, in article
51E4e.15304$ZB6.11438@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com, "C C"
<someone@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Here it is:
>
> http://www.vzwshop.com/treoinfo/

This says

"The Treo 650 supports the following Bluetooth Profiles: wireless headset,
hands-free accessories, file transfer and synchronization with compatible
PC¹s."

Isn't the 'file transfer and synchronization' what everyone was wanting in
bluetooth?

Cool...any word on price?

Steve Johnson Wrote:
> On 4/5/05 4:10 PM, in article
> 51E4e.15304$ZB6.11438@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com, "C C"
> <someone@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > Here it is:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/5ztn4
> >

> This says
>
> "The Treo 650 supports the following Bluetooth Profiles: wireless
> headset,
> hands-free accessories, file transfer and synchronization with
> compatible
> PC¹s."
>
> Isn't the 'file transfer and synchronization' what everyone was wanting
> in
> bluetooth?

If you would have continued reading/copying you would have seen the
rest of the story.

"Connectivity via Bluetooth® (for certain profiles*). "

*Disclaimer: The Treo 650 supports the following Bluetooth Profiles:
wireless headset, hands-free accessories, file transfer and
synchronization with compatible PC’s. *It does not support all
profiles, for object exchange (Obex). See verizonwireless.com/bluetooth
for details. *

Basically, if they put the "Get It Now" feature in the phone, the
bluetooth is going to be crippled just like the V710. If they don't,
then we have the chance of having a phone that most of us want/are
looking forward too.

--
bossdragon

Steve Johnson wrote:
> On 4/5/05 4:10 PM, in article
> 51E4e.15304$ZB6.11438@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com, "C C"
> <someone@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Here it is:
>>
>> http://www.vzwshop.com/treoinfo/
>>

> This says
>
> "The Treo 650 supports the following Bluetooth Profiles: wireless
> headset, hands-free accessories, file transfer and synchronization
> with compatible PC¹s."
>
> Isn't the 'file transfer and synchronization' what everyone was
> wanting in bluetooth?

My understanding is that those features you mention were disabled in the
Motorola v710 because of a contractual agreement Verizon has with the
Get It Now service. Proabably contracted to prevent unnecessary
transferring of ringtones from phone to phone. I'm not sure the Treo
will be Get It Now enabled and may not have the same restrictions. Of
course, much of the Motorola literature from Verizon said that file
trasfer was an option, so they could just be lying... again. Or I could
be wrong with equal likelihood.

--
David G.