print slower possible?

June 7, 2005 5:33:02 AM

We have a strange problem and I don't know if there is a solution. We have a
small cafe which we print out the menus daily. We use a special paper which
is very light type of parchment so we can't use a laser printer because it
burns it. Hard to describe but that is not the problem. We had an old Epson
inkjet printer which was coming to the end of its days so we went out and
bought a new HP 5510 multifunction inkjet. It's great but we have a problem.
It prints too fast! What happens is the ink on the menus doesn't have
enough time to dry and unless you are there to snatch away every one that
prints the next one lands on top and smudges it. We don't have the staff to
do that so we are trying to find a way to slow the printer down. Increasing
the quality of the printing doesn't work as it lays on more ink. A little
slower time but still the same problem. So everyone seems to have a problem
with wanting to speed the printing up, is there anyway to slow it down?
Thanks

More about : print slower

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 2:20:31 PM

BG

This applies to the options for the HP 5100 series but will be present in
your printing preferences most likely..

Go to Printing Preferences and click on the BASICS tab.. there should be a
button for ADVANCED FEATURES.. click on it an use the slider to increase
drying time..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User