Temperatures On Soltek SL-DRV5 Motherboard

LancerEvolution7

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2002
I posted this before but never really got an answer for it. When you go into the bios of the soltek sl-drv5 and select the absii option, there are three temperatures displayed and according to their website, what it means

ABSII-cpu core temperature
Temperature 1-cpu external temperature
Temperature 2-system temperature

Can someone explain to me what is the core temperature and what is the cpu external temperature. Also when people use software to tell what their current cpu temperature, is it the core temperature or the external temperature.

Below are my temperature readings on average

ABSII- 57C
Temp1- 50C
Temp2-43C

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
When people give temps, it's their core temperature. I haven't seen an "external cpu temperature" before, but I'm guessing that means the same as "case temperature", which people also record and measure.

1° of separation between my monopoly and yours. That's business with .NET

andlcs

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2002
>>>ABSII Core temp: Direct measurement of the CPU temperature. It uses the Athlon XP thermal diode to get it. This way to see the temps are much more accurate becuse it is the real core temps.
>>>Temperature 1: Maybe in your mobo manual u can find what is it. I think it is the undirect measurement, there are a thermometer under the CPU and it shows the air temps there. This way it is not good... U can see that your ABS II temps are different from Tempereture 1 (7oC). I heard this way can show the temp 50% different from the real.
Temp 2: It is your mobo northbridge temps. The KT333 has a thermal diode like your Athlon XP.

TRENDING THREADS