SPOOLSV.EXE: I know others have had a similar problem but ..

.... have not seen anything that helps:

I have latest version of Norton running and have swept for viruses. Also
have Spy Sweeper checking for spyware. Installed HP Business Inkjet1200
printer a while ago. I have checked print queues and nothing running. Have
stopped Spoolsv.exe process, but back it pops gobbling up more CPU. Any
suggestions? I recently completely re-prep PC, added more RAM and
re-installed print drivers - same problem.

Any suggestions appreciated
1 answer Last reply
More about spoolsv similar problem

    After you uninstall the print drivers, did you ensure you actually cleaned
    them up completely?
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Alita1" <alita1> wrote in message
    > ... have not seen anything that helps:
    >
    > I have latest version of Norton running and have swept for viruses. Also
    > have Spy Sweeper checking for spyware. Installed HP Business Inkjet1200
    > printer a while ago. I have checked print queues and nothing running. Have
    > stopped Spoolsv.exe process, but back it pops gobbling up more CPU. Any
    > suggestions? I recently completely re-prep PC, added more RAM and
    > re-installed print drivers - same problem.
    >
    > Any suggestions appreciated

Windows XP