Anyone tried this b4?

Andyddr

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
I am busy unlocking my Athlon XP 1700+. Because I cannot get hold of ANY condictive liquid. So I am going to try connecting with very thin wire. What I`ve done is to superglue the laser cut grooves and then connect all the L1 bridges with the wire which is held down with clear tape. As I can see through the tape I can move the wires around with a pin or knife so that they are all neatly in place and do not touch. Applying another layer of tape holds the wire secure so that any movement on the fan (placed on top) will not move the wires.

Now the question is has any1 here tried this method or simmilar and what have your results been? I do not want to try it without your advice because this is a brand new system and I`m VERY new to overclocking\unlocking Athlons. It seems like it could work as long as the wires are short (ie only as long as to touch both bridges) but if any1 technical could give me anymore advice it would appreciate it.

Your new hardware is out-of-date

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If you have thin enough wire, you can actually solder it on, I doubt that tape would get you a reliable connection. Micro-soldering on this scale is not too dificult if you have good eyesight and a pointed tip soldering iron (and a few hours of experience).

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Andyddr

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Crashman hat off to you!!! Almost every post that I`ve put up on this site had been answered by you. When I put this up 16 ppl had looked and only 1 had answered. This is supposed to be a forum about overclocking and 15 others just clicked on `back`. Cash you r the man. Respect!

Your new hardware is out-of-date

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
yeah... tape hasnt got a great record.
when XP's first came out, some tape with properly spaced bits of wire were sold as unlocking kits, the idea being that one just stickes the tap on the right spon and the wire touches the right points.

unforuntately people only got mixed results, and soon after it was pulled from the market.

the tred A and B are better though, they dont have trenches :)

<b>Due to Customer Complaints, this sig has been witdrawn from public use. Thankyou. :lol: </b>