EQ: Multiquesting: How does it work?

Last response: in Video Games
July 19, 2005 3:24:50 PM

In all my time in EverQuest, I've never had anything worth MQing. Now I
find myself with one SEoC, and have heard that this part of the Ranger Epic
1.0 can be MQed.

Only problem is that I have no idea how the process works.

Could someone with more knowledge enlighten me please?

Crash

More about : multiquesting work

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 8:47:33 PM

Crash86 wrote:
> In all my time in EverQuest, I've never had anything worth MQing. Now I
> find myself with one SEoC, and have heard that this part of the Ranger Epic
> 1.0 can be MQed.
>
> Only problem is that I have no idea how the process works.
>
> Could someone with more knowledge enlighten me please?
>
> Crash

MQing goes like this: You, the person with the SEoC, gives the item to
the NPC and the person with the other part gives their part after you
have handed in yours. They then receive the resulting quest item.

I've have the SEoC MQed for me. Have the person doing their epic
hail the NPC and go through the conversation and tell you when to
give the SEoC to her. Then verify that you've given it to her before
they hand in their part.

Tracey
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 8:47:34 PM

"Tracey" wrote:

> Crash86 wrote:
>> In all my time in EverQuest, I've never had anything worth MQing. Now I
>> find myself with one SEoC, and have heard that this part of the Ranger
>> Epic 1.0 can be MQed.
>>
>> Only problem is that I have no idea how the process works.
>>
>> Could someone with more knowledge enlighten me please?
>>
>> Crash
>
> MQing goes like this: You, the person with the SEoC, gives the item to
> the NPC and the person with the other part gives their part after you
> have handed in yours. They then receive the resulting quest item.
>
> I've have the SEoC MQed for me. Have the person doing their epic
> hail the NPC and go through the conversation and tell you when to
> give the SEoC to her. Then verify that you've given it to her before
> they hand in their part.

Perfect! Exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks! :-)

Crash
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 2:45:14 PM

Crash86 wrote:
> "Tracey" wrote:
> >

> > Crash86 wrote:
> >> In all my time in EverQuest, I've never had anything worth MQing. Now I
> >> find myself with one SEoC, and have heard that this part of the Ranger
> >> Epic 1.0 can be MQed.
> >>
> >> Only problem is that I have no idea how the process works.
> >>
> >> Could someone with more knowledge enlighten me please?
> >>
> >> Crash
> >
> > MQing goes like this: You, the person with the SEoC, gives the item to
> > the NPC and the person with the other part gives their part after you
> > have handed in yours. They then receive the resulting quest item.
> >
> > I've have the SEoC MQed for me. Have the person doing their epic
> > hail the NPC and go through the conversation and tell you when to
> > give the SEoC to her. Then verify that you've given it to her before
> > they hand in their part.
>
> Perfect! Exactly what I needed to know.
>
> Thanks! :-)
>
> Crash

Just remember that there are some dangers. With any multiquest, it is
possible that the person doing the MQ (the one with the item but no
need for it) can actually receive the reward. This isn't much danger
with something like the SEoC multiquest, but I have seen it happen to
someone handing in guts for the Amulet of the Grey Wastes quest and the
wrong person got the reward. This happened because someone else had
already handed in an item, so the NPC was already at 1/3 or 2/3 needed
items.

Also remember that some NPCs require faction for the quest, and will
not accept an item from the multiquester in some cases. Sony has
fooled around with faction requirements over the years so on older
quests it may be impossible to know for certain. You are pretty safe
if you do some research on Allakhazam to see what faction requirements
there may be. But in the end, caveat emptor.
!