EQ: Multiquesting: How does it work?

In all my time in EverQuest, I've never had anything worth MQing. Now I
find myself with one SEoC, and have heard that this part of the Ranger Epic
1.0 can be MQed.

Only problem is that I have no idea how the process works.

Could someone with more knowledge enlighten me please?

Crash
3 answers Last reply
More about multiquesting work

    Crash86 wrote:
    > In all my time in EverQuest, I've never had anything worth MQing. Now I
    > find myself with one SEoC, and have heard that this part of the Ranger Epic
    > 1.0 can be MQed.
    >
    > Only problem is that I have no idea how the process works.
    >
    > Could someone with more knowledge enlighten me please?
    >
    > Crash

    MQing goes like this: You, the person with the SEoC, gives the item to
    the NPC and the person with the other part gives their part after you
    have handed in yours. They then receive the resulting quest item.

    I've have the SEoC MQed for me. Have the person doing their epic
    hail the NPC and go through the conversation and tell you when to
    give the SEoC to her. Then verify that you've given it to her before
    they hand in their part.

    Tracey

    "Tracey" wrote:

    > Crash86 wrote:
    >> In all my time in EverQuest, I've never had anything worth MQing. Now I
    >> find myself with one SEoC, and have heard that this part of the Ranger
    >> Epic 1.0 can be MQed.
    >>
    >> Only problem is that I have no idea how the process works.
    >>
    >> Could someone with more knowledge enlighten me please?
    >>
    >> Crash
    >
    > MQing goes like this: You, the person with the SEoC, gives the item to
    > the NPC and the person with the other part gives their part after you
    > have handed in yours. They then receive the resulting quest item.
    >
    > I've have the SEoC MQed for me. Have the person doing their epic
    > hail the NPC and go through the conversation and tell you when to
    > give the SEoC to her. Then verify that you've given it to her before
    > they hand in their part.

    Perfect! Exactly what I needed to know.

    Thanks! :-)

    Crash

    Crash86 wrote:
    > "Tracey" wrote:
    > >

    > > Crash86 wrote:
    > >> In all my time in EverQuest, I've never had anything worth MQing. Now I
    > >> find myself with one SEoC, and have heard that this part of the Ranger
    > >> Epic 1.0 can be MQed.
    > >>
    > >> Only problem is that I have no idea how the process works.
    > >>
    > >> Could someone with more knowledge enlighten me please?
    > >>
    > >> Crash
    > >
    > > MQing goes like this: You, the person with the SEoC, gives the item to
    > > the NPC and the person with the other part gives their part after you
    > > have handed in yours. They then receive the resulting quest item.
    > >
    > > I've have the SEoC MQed for me. Have the person doing their epic
    > > hail the NPC and go through the conversation and tell you when to
    > > give the SEoC to her. Then verify that you've given it to her before
    > > they hand in their part.
    >
    > Perfect! Exactly what I needed to know.
    >
    > Thanks! :-)
    >
    > Crash

    Just remember that there are some dangers. With any multiquest, it is
    possible that the person doing the MQ (the one with the item but no
    need for it) can actually receive the reward. This isn't much danger
    with something like the SEoC multiquest, but I have seen it happen to
    someone handing in guts for the Amulet of the Grey Wastes quest and the
    wrong person got the reward. This happened because someone else had
    already handed in an item, so the NPC was already at 1/3 or 2/3 needed
    items.

    Also remember that some NPCs require faction for the quest, and will
    not accept an item from the multiquester in some cases. Sony has
    fooled around with faction requirements over the years so on older
    quests it may be impossible to know for certain. You are pretty safe
    if you do some research on Allakhazam to see what faction requirements
    there may be. But in the end, caveat emptor.

Games Video Games