Should I upgrade to Windows 7?

Tikli

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
I recently purchased the game Need For Speed The Run but i would not work on XP and requires Windows 7. I am thinking of upgrading to Windows 7 but i want to ask if there will be any change in gaming performance. My system specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53 GHz
4GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 210 1.5GB
250GB HDD
Windows XP Professional ( 5.1.2600 )

Should i upgrade?

Solution
You're worried about a Core 2 Duo being slow?? I agree with shery, the C2D is a big jump from a P4.
That rig looks like it can easily handle Win7-64bit.
I was able to play even old funky late 1990s games using Win7 64bit.

Need for Speed Run isn't very demanding.
I still have a Core 2 quad and able to run Crysis, Farcry2, Battlefield 3, Arma 2, Stalker, etc on max settings. (ok Arma 2 on max is a little stretch)

Again, you can wait for Win 8 which should use even less resources than Win 7 or XP. Win-7 (without Aero) and XP use about the same resources, but 7 does/has more)

ProVisionOman

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Hmm... you can. But i wouldn't recommend it. The run wont work on a core 2 duo ANYWAYS. How do i know? PFF i have one. You CAN try windows 8.. but i dont know really. Windows 7 WILL steal 200mb-300mb VRAM because of Areo. You can disable that however.

G

I have ran that game on my p4. With win7 32-bit. But as it is very low p.c conf. so game did run but really very slow. But your system is quiet good looking you should try. And if game gives problem try to get some graphics and sound support software upgrades like directx 11, MS visual c++ and for "xxx.dll not found" type of problems go there: http://www.dll-files.com/

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
You're worried about a Core 2 Duo being slow?? I agree with shery, the C2D is a big jump from a P4.
That rig looks like it can easily handle Win7-64bit.
I was able to play even old funky late 1990s games using Win7 64bit.

Need for Speed Run isn't very demanding.
I still have a Core 2 quad and able to run Crysis, Farcry2, Battlefield 3, Arma 2, Stalker, etc on max settings. (ok Arma 2 on max is a little stretch)

Again, you can wait for Win 8 which should use even less resources than Win 7 or XP. Win-7 (without Aero) and XP use about the same resources, but 7 does/has more)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS