HP Printer works after restart - only a couple of times - ..

kim

Have HP OfficeJet R80, retail version XP Pro w/SP2 and current automatic
updates.

After printing two or three documents I get "?" on printer icon and
"error-printing" under status in opened active printer window. If I restart
PC (without touching printer) document prints after PC comes up. Reloading
drivers (several times) hasn't worked. Problem seems to have started about a
month ago with some "automatic updates" - but not sure - and can't find any
more specific error information other than "error-printing".

Any ideas how to get/fix general error?

Thanks,
Kim

First thing to do is uninstall and reinstall with the latest HP drivers for
the unit. It sounds as if the spooler could be stopping.

If it's connected via a USB port, go into the Device Manager, and under USB
Controllers, ensure that the USB ports aren't set to the default to go to
sleep to save power when not in use.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging