How to increase AGP voltage?

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
Hey. how could i increase voltage with an epox-8k3a+ mobo and a leadtek gf4 ti4400? Any mods or programs? thanks.

Save the trees.. wipe your ass with an owl.

G

Assuming it's not a switcher, you could pull out the regulator, and inject whatever voltage you wanted into the output pad where the regulator used to be.

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
you lost me at switcher.. is there a site you know about or some more informing instructions? Thank you for your reply, its just I can't understand it...

Save the trees.. wipe your ass with an owl.

G

"you lost me at switcher"

that probably means this isn't the type of project for you.

Let me know if you want the big instructions i'll be happy to help. Basically I'm suggesting you analyze the M/B enough to find out which is the AGP power supply and remove one of the components. It might not be that hard for somebody with some skills in electronics (board level).

It would most likely still be possible if it were a switcher, but even more electronics intensive. Maybe even impossible without at least an oscilloscope.

At the end of the day if you make bad choices during a project like this, you can kiss major computer components bye bye. The rewards however might be fun.

PS you should know that I have no idea what the ramifications of actually pulling this off would be. ie how much of a bump is safe? and what will it gain you?

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I'm stunned the 8K3A+ doesn't allow AGP voltage adjustments. (My old 8KTA3PRO does).

<A HREF="http://www.xbitlabs.com/video/visiontek-gf4ti4400/" target="_new">Here's a link</A> to how to voltage mod a Visiontek Ti4400. There are mods for both the GPU and memory voltage.

<A HREF="http://hwfaq.overclockersonline.com/" target="_new">Here's where I found the above link</A>.

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 08/31/02 09:40 AM.</EM></FONT></P>