Print queue stops and win32 error code 259(0x103) in syste..

I am using windows xp professional and have a network printer installed which
is going through a hp jet direct. After quite a few documnets print the queue
gets locked up and nothing else will print. I look in the system log and
this is what I see under error:

The document Crystal Reports - kstrip.rpt owned by Guest failed to print.
Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 259 (0x103).

I appreciate any insite you can offer
2 answers Last reply
More about print queue stops win32 error code 0x103 syste

    You want "insite" or "insight"? Are all your documents in *.rpt formats?
    Your printing app may not support "rpt" files as printable files. Check the
    setup for this system.
    --
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "tangent" wrote:

    > I am using windows xp professional and have a network printer installed which
    > is going through a hp jet direct. After quite a few documnets print the queue
    > gets locked up and nothing else will print. I look in the system log and
    > this is what I see under error:
    >
    > The document Crystal Reports - kstrip.rpt owned by Guest failed to print.
    > Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 259 (0x103).
    >
    > I appreciate any insite you can offer

    259 is generaly some network related error. Disable Bidirectional in print
    properties ports tab

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > You want "insite" or "insight"? Are all your documents in *.rpt formats?
    > Your printing app may not support "rpt" files as printable files. Check
    the
    > setup for this system.
    > --
    > Some days you're the windshield,
    > some days you're the bug.
    >

    > "tangent" wrote:
    >
    > > I am using windows xp professional and have a network printer installed
    which
    > > is going through a hp jet direct. After quite a few documnets print the
    queue
    > > gets locked up and nothing else will print. I look in the system log
    and
    > > this is what I see under error:
    > >
    > > The document Crystal Reports - kstrip.rpt owned by Guest failed to
    print.
    > > Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 259 (0x103).
    > >
    > > I appreciate any insite you can offer

Windows XP