file queue question using SetupInstallFilesFromInfSection

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.platformsdk.base,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I am trying to install printer driver through an utility similar to
Windows Add Printer Wizard's "Have Disk" option.

The install section of my INF file looks something like this:

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Install Sections
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[my_Install]
Include=NTPRINT.INF
Needs=sRGBPROFILE.OEM

I am using SetupInstallFilesFromInfSection to set up the copy queue.
Same code is able to queue the driver.cab files for 32-bit machines.
but, for 64-bit machine it doesn't add my system cab file i.e.
c:\windows\driver cache\amd64\driver.cab
The result is calling the setupcommitqueue pops up the missing file
dialog for
sRGBPROFILE.OEM.

What is the job of SetupInstallFilesFromInfSection API? what i
understood is that it will parse the INF file passed and create a file
queue for copying ? Isnt this supposed to be done by this API ? what am
i missing here ?

Thanks for any help,
Ashish
2 answers Last reply
More about file queue question setupinstallfilesfrominfsection
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.platformsdk.base,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Check the website of your printer for tech support if it is compatible with the
    64bit AMD chip.
    --
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "kumashish@mailcity.com" wrote:

    > I am trying to install printer driver through an utility similar to
    > Windows Add Printer Wizard's "Have Disk" option.
    >
    > The install section of my INF file looks something like this:
    >
    > ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > ; Install Sections
    > ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > [my_Install]
    > Include=NTPRINT.INF
    > Needs=sRGBPROFILE.OEM
    >
    > I am using SetupInstallFilesFromInfSection to set up the copy queue.
    > Same code is able to queue the driver.cab files for 32-bit machines.
    > but, for 64-bit machine it doesn't add my system cab file i.e.
    > c:\windows\driver cache\amd64\driver.cab
    > The result is calling the setupcommitqueue pops up the missing file
    > dialog for
    > sRGBPROFILE.OEM.
    >
    > What is the job of SetupInstallFilesFromInfSection API? what i
    > understood is that it will parse the INF file passed and create a file
    > queue for copying ? Isnt this supposed to be done by this API ? what am
    > i missing here ?
    >
    > Thanks for any help,
    > Ashish

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.platformsdk.base,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    May be, I was not able to put my question properly.
    I know the driver is for this platform. It works successfully with
    addprinter wizard. The problem is I am not able to queue this file for
    setup api copyqueue.

    Thanks,
    Ashish

Microsoft Windows XP