file queue question using SetupInstallFilesFromInfSection

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.platformsdk.base,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I am trying to install printer driver through an utility similar to
Windows Add Printer Wizard's "Have Disk" option.

The install section of my INF file looks something like this:

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Install Sections
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[my_Install]
Include=NTPRINT.INF
Needs=sRGBPROFILE.OEM

I am using SetupInstallFilesFromInfSection to set up the copy queue.
Same code is able to queue the driver.cab files for 32-bit machines.
but, for 64-bit machine it doesn't add my system cab file i.e.
c:\windows\driver cache\amd64\driver.cab
The result is calling the setupcommitqueue pops up the missing file
dialog for
sRGBPROFILE.OEM.

What is the job of SetupInstallFilesFromInfSection API? what i
understood is that it will parse the INF file passed and create a file
queue for copying ? Isnt this supposed to be done by this API ? what am
i missing here ?

Thanks for any help,
Ashish

Byte

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.platformsdk.base,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Check the website of your printer for tech support if it is compatible with the
64bit AMD chip.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"kumashish@mailcity.com" wrote:

> I am trying to install printer driver through an utility similar to
> Windows Add Printer Wizard's "Have Disk" option.
>
> The install section of my INF file looks something like this:
>
> ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ; Install Sections
> ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [my_Install]
> Include=NTPRINT.INF
> Needs=sRGBPROFILE.OEM
>
> I am using SetupInstallFilesFromInfSection to set up the copy queue.
> Same code is able to queue the driver.cab files for 32-bit machines.
> but, for 64-bit machine it doesn't add my system cab file i.e.
> c:\windows\driver cache\amd64\driver.cab
> The result is calling the setupcommitqueue pops up the missing file
> dialog for
> sRGBPROFILE.OEM.
>
> What is the job of SetupInstallFilesFromInfSection API? what i
> understood is that it will parse the INF file passed and create a file
> queue for copying ? Isnt this supposed to be done by this API ? what am
> i missing here ?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Ashish

ashish

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.platformsdk.base,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

May be, I was not able to put my question properly.
I know the driver is for this platform. It works successfully with
addprinter wizard. The problem is I am not able to queue this file for
setup api copyqueue.

Thanks,
Ashish