Sign in with
Your question

are there ANY good games at all

Last response: in Video Games
September 7, 2003 11:58:27 PM

i have bought BF1942 and C&C Generals recently, UT2003, Freelancer, Eve Online

just those in the last couple months

they all SUCKED ass. major ass. BF1942 was the only one with potential to be liked, but sinse i only play First Person shooters on the weekend i am not ina clan and join public servers. TKers (team killers) have just sent me over the edge and i have given up on that game. not to mention outside of tanks, thers nothing really new in it

so i need your guyses opinion on whats a really really truly good game. be it withing in last year or up to 2 years old. anything. because im just gettin plain bored of playing games to tell you the truth

-------

<A HREF="http://www.teenirc.net/chat/tomshardware.html" target="_new"> come to THGC chat~ NOW. dont make me get up ffs @#@$</A>

More about : good games

September 8, 2003 1:59:48 AM

I've really been having a hard time enjoying much of anything lately. I dabble in Morrowind when I have some free time, but I'm really just waiting for the new rush of games this winter/spring.

Just downloaded the demo for Homeworld2, that's going to be amazing from what I can tell.
September 8, 2003 2:35:03 AM

played counter strike?

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015
Related resources
September 8, 2003 3:35:08 AM

i've been playing system shock 2 lately, it's alot like dues ex. which are both a mix of fps's and rpg's.
September 8, 2003 9:36:51 AM

i have played it too much, up to until now, no multiplayer can still beat CS.

<font color=green>If your nose <b>RUNS</b>, and feet <b>SMELLS</b>.
Then you must be born <b>UP-SIDE DOWN</b>.</font color=green>
September 8, 2003 10:34:07 AM

IGI 2 is half-decent.

:eek:  My CPU runs so hot it creates a quark-gluon plasma :eek: 
September 8, 2003 1:43:30 PM

ARMY MEN!!!

Also a coward...pass the nachos
September 8, 2003 1:44:28 PM

You could go oldschool and play some bard's tale or something like that. Every once in a while its fun to relive some childhood memories.

September 8, 2003 4:17:31 PM

Recomend Deus Ex and System Shock. Play BF1942 over LAN not internet and its Sooooo much better.

<i>Mmmm Dawn AND Eve at the same time...Drroooooll
-------------------------------------------------
<b>XP2800 Barton, 2x512Mb PC2700, ASUS A7N8X, PNY 64Mb Ti4200. :cool:
September 9, 2003 8:24:14 AM

If you haven't alredy played Grand Theft Auto Vice city. Get it. Be prepared to get really pissed at it. But you wont be able to stop playing it.

These specs are here so I don't have to repeat them. P4 2.4c @ 3.0 ASUS P4P800 dx Geil pc4000 2.5,3,3,6 250FSB 1:1 Radeon 9500 non-pro 2 Maxtor 60gig 7200rpm 8mb cach in raid 0 SB Audigy 2
September 9, 2003 1:46:06 PM

No Way!!! I'm there...thanks for the tip....

September 9, 2003 11:37:30 PM

Get Chaser. It just came out last month, and it's kinda like an old school fps. The graphics are good, the ai is half-decent, sound excellent, and the story will keep you going. This game has been hugely underreated.

And yes, I recommend Army Men too!
Army Men II would have to be my favorite! Just something about gettin 20 soldiers behind you, which includes riflemen (the majority), as well as grenadiers, flamethrowers, and rocket troops. And when you see an enemy, they rush off and waste his tan punk arse!

No matter where you go, there you are.
September 10, 2003 4:43:19 AM

ehhh....original Rainbow 6?
graphic is bad by today's standerds, but back then was good
maps are not so realistic...but there are skills other than
aiming. (pre-fire as an example). not to mention there is no
hiding in the dark newb with a awp if you use the HBS and 3rd
person view right..........

UT has more action than CS too. I still play CS, it just doesn't
seem to be as interesting as R6 and UT to me

Trix are <font color=red>NOT JUST</font color=red> for kids
September 10, 2003 4:07:14 PM

I've been searching for Bard's Tale for years, ever since I got my Amstrad CPC... I got a version for my emulator, but I'm buggered if I know what to do!

Any ideas where I can get a copy of the manual?
September 13, 2003 9:00:03 AM

Quote:
played counter strike?

too much

ive given up. im not paying for GTA:VIce CIty cause a friend has it and i tried it and i dont like it at all

i might have to pick up morrowind . does it have multiplayer mode?

-------

<A HREF="http://www.teenirc.net/chat/tomshardware.html" target="_new"> come to THGC chat~ NOW. dont make me get up ffs @#@$</A>
September 13, 2003 4:15:51 PM

what didnt you like about vice city?

September 13, 2003 5:02:51 PM

No Multiplayer in Morrowind but the game is so large and in depth you might not care. If you do get into the game there is almost unlimited content because the world is so damn large and now with the new expansion packs you'll have almost endless hours of gameplay should you choose.

If you want some online action with a RPG try Neverwinter Nights.
September 14, 2003 3:21:07 AM

i like the car chasing in vice city but i would prefer driving games.

<font color=red>If your nose <b>RUNS</b>, and feet <b>SMELL</b>.
Then you must be born <b>UPSIDE DOWN</b>.</font color=red>
September 15, 2003 5:19:42 AM

vice city seems too.... hollywoodish. like its all based on the name "grand theft auto" and doesnt really deliver the same fun-ness as GTA and GTA2

i havent played GTA3, but i dont think i will

thanks for the sudgestions all of you~
i think im just gonna have to wait for WOW or Lineage 2 =D

-------

September 15, 2003 3:57:12 PM

you have to play gta 3. it was awsome. vice city is basicaly an extension. they did a better job with the story line, and you get helicopters, motorcycles, and planes. some of the missions are better too, but there arent as many and they were pretty easy, exept a couple that were damned hard. but gta 3 was awsome.

September 18, 2003 1:34:14 PM

Delta Force Black Hawk Down is pretty good. Enhanced graphics compared to Land Warrior/Task Force Dagger.

<font color=blue>"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that" - Bill Shankly</font color=blue>
September 18, 2003 3:34:44 PM

What's the gameplay like? I'm nearly finished IGI 2 and I quite enjoyed it. Not brilliant, but good fun.

:eek:  My CPU runs so hot it creates a quark-gluon plasma :eek: 
September 19, 2003 4:58:50 PM

Quote:
Delta Force Black Hawk Down is pretty good. Enhanced graphics compared to Land Warrior/Task Force Dagger.

that game was <b>HORRIBLE!!!</b>!!!

how the hell can you play that sad excuse for a FPS??!?! when you walked, it jerked and bobbed like you were running on legs half the lengh of a normal humans and so had to compensate by taking 500 steps a second

uhg. i bought that game and returned it at a loss to help pay for another game, just because it was so bad

-------

September 21, 2003 7:19:58 PM

Try Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy. Jedi Academy just got released a couple of days ago. I just bought it and it looks promissing.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!
September 22, 2003 12:29:17 AM

I know how you feel about the current games- PC gaming in general has been stagnating for a couple of years. Even if there are good games, there still isn't really anything to get excited about. Half-Life 2 will be the first in the revival of the PC gaming industry, but for all of those who recently payed $300 for a phat DX9 graphics card there is currently much (or should I say little) to be desired. Wow! I'm getting 350 FPS in UT2003!
It all comes down to the graphics- new PC games are supposed to be the industry standard of what console gamers wish they could experience, and PC gamers pay $$$ dearly for that capability; yet, a lot of the current PC offerings look no better than what the XBox can belt out. I have what is now becoming a dated graphics card (Ti4200) and only in 2 games has it ever flinched a framerate (Splinter Cell, Morrowind).
I still maintain that gameplay and fun, not graphics, are the most important factors of a game, but until the new wave of games hits the market, I find myself increasingly disinterested in gaming altogether.
September 22, 2003 10:47:55 AM

Must be down to your PC, because it's fine on mine. Very smooth, better than the previous titles, and I enjoyed those immensely.

<font color=blue>"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that" - Bill Shankly</font color=blue>
September 22, 2003 10:50:30 AM

It's good, but I must admit to being surprised by the change in play, compared to the previous titles. If you haven't played those, then you might actually enjoy it more. Like I said, I found it a bit hard to get into after the others, but I stuck with it and it's great.

Should fly on your new machine.

September 24, 2003 8:38:15 AM

Quote:
i have played it too much, up to until now, no multiplayer can still beat CS.

I guess you've never played Soldier of Fortune 2 Multiplayer, it oWns CS.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
P4 2.4C @ 3.0GHz 1.525V Stock HSF
Abit IS7 BIOS v1.3 GAT Auto
Corsair XMS 512MB TwinX3200C2 2-3-3-6
GeForce4 Ti4200 AGP8X 128MB
Seagate Barracuda 80GB SATA
September 24, 2003 12:26:56 PM

Not guilty squire. Think you'll find it was jmecor who said that!

December 12, 2004 1:08:04 AM

i would say sawn of war is a really good game for you.. if you are into rts. If you are into the hole first person shooting games,Call of duty is intense.
December 12, 2004 4:39:06 PM

Battlefield2 is cumming out in the spring at that looks like it is going to rule.
December 13, 2004 11:51:03 AM

Meh..... seeing as the thread has been revived....

DoWs single player campaign isn't really that great. Essentially alot of the maps revolve around a set path. Along the path are points u need to capture to create requisition (money). All u really need to do to defeat every level is set up and defend... build up as many troops as u can then capture a resource point, replace lost men and repeat.

The skirmish/multiplayer brings more of a dynamic to the game but the game does start to feel shallow after some play. Good but not great.

A game I'm really enjoying atm is Vampires the Masqerade: Bloodlines. It's has been slated by a lot of ppl as being a buggy mess but I'd classify it as rough and unpoilshed rather than buggy (hasn't crashed or show any obvious bugs yet to me). But the game has a great story and some great acting and sound. Basically if yur into RPG's and can forgive a little roughness in a game then get this game.

Only major flaw I can level at the game is the combat is a little clunky but in saying that it's better than other RPG's I've played.

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"
December 13, 2004 3:49:04 PM

Quote:
The skirmish/multiplayer brings more of a dynamic to the game but the game does start to feel shallow after some play. Good but not great.

Yeh I have noticed that the game becomes a bit of a 'who can get the most men as quickly as possible and then rush the enemy' affair online.
December 13, 2004 11:09:32 PM

<b>World of Warcraft</b>

Signature (up to 200 characters). You may use <font color=blue><b>Markup</b></font color=blue> in your signature
December 15, 2004 9:44:28 PM

Prince of Persia Sands of Time and Warrior Within are my two favorite games. Give them a try, or at least SoT since you can get it really cheap. WW focuses a lot more on fighting than SoT does. If you play WW don't judge it by it's first "level" since it kind of blows in the beginning. Basically if you like a good storyline with puzzels get SoT; if you like an ok story with an awesome fighting system get WW.
December 17, 2004 12:51:00 AM

Half life 2, Far Cry, BFV, Rome: Total War [amazing]

!

-lawler

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ | MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum | 1gb Kingston HyperX PC4000 [2x512] | ATI 9600 Pro [upgrade soon] | Sound Blaster Audigy LS | Samsung 120gb hd
January 23, 2005 2:42:16 AM

the sims 2 looks nice
i just burned a whole kitchen down..

amd64 3000+
1gig ddr pc 3200-400
albatron 6800GT
250 wd 7200/8mb cache hd
dvdrw plextor 708A
k8 albatron k8x800 mobo
January 24, 2005 1:09:37 AM

Pyro!

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA
January 25, 2005 10:38:40 PM

:p 

amd64 3000+
1gig ddr pc 3200-400
albatron 6800GT
250 wd 7200/8mb cache hd
dvdrw plextor 708A
k8 albatron k8x800 mobo
!