Shadow Wolf Paw

Has any one recently found a darned Shadow Wolf Paw? It's required for
newbie Paladin armor, and I can't find the darned thing anywhere. I've
killed hundreds of wolves (shadow, black, misty, etc) in Qeynos,
Karanas, Commonlands, Misty Thicket. None of them has dropped a Paw.
I assume drops get cycled from area to area by Sony to baffle
players(?). None of the areas mentioned (MT, WK, etc) in usenet/web
searches I've done has turned up a paw. None at any vendors so far.
So back to my question:

Has any one *recently* found a Shadow Wolf Paw?

TIA

Rez

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2005

scallyte wrote:
> Has any one recently found a darned Shadow Wolf Paw? It's required for
> newbie Paladin armor, and I can't find the darned thing anywhere. I've
> killed hundreds of wolves (shadow, black, misty, etc) in Qeynos,
> Karanas, Commonlands, Misty Thicket. None of them has dropped a Paw.
> I assume drops get cycled from area to area by Sony to baffle
> players(?). None of the areas mentioned (MT, WK, etc) in usenet/web
> searches I've done has turned up a paw. None at any vendors so far.
> So back to my question:
>
> Has any one *recently* found a Shadow Wolf Paw?
>
> TIA

You didn't say what race you are or starting city. My guess is human
Qeynos or FP. It is a rare drop from shadow wolf only. It is a no drop
item so you won't find it on any merchents. Keep killing them in
commonlands and you will get one.

On 20 Jul 2005 08:27:15 -0700, "scallyte" <scallyte@mailinator.com>
wrote:

>Has any one recently found a darned Shadow Wolf Paw? It's required for
>newbie Paladin armor, and I can't find the darned thing anywhere. I've
>killed hundreds of wolves (shadow, black, misty, etc) in Qeynos,
>Karanas, Commonlands, Misty Thicket. None of them has dropped a Paw.
>I assume drops get cycled from area to area by Sony to baffle
>players(?). None of the areas mentioned (MT, WK, etc) in usenet/web
>searches I've done has turned up a paw. None at any vendors so far.
>So back to my question:
>
>Has any one *recently* found a Shadow Wolf Paw?
>
>TIA
_________________________

Shadow Wolf paws are a rather rare drop that I have seen in East
Commons and Nektulos. It only drops off Shadow Wolves.

Unfortunately, these zones are rather difficult for a Newby Paladin to
be in just now. You will probably get eaten by the higher level trols
and DE's that are supposed to be marching through the Commonlands.

----Tydrex, Paladin of Marr

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. Yes, human paladin out of
Qeynos. At least I know that there's hope of finding one of the things
and I'll keep trying. I was beginning to think the things didn't exist
in the game anymore. I don't really even much need the piece of armor
at this point. It's just the principle of the thing. Shame about
getting eaten by the trolls, lol, I'll probably try anyway though...

Thanks

Tydrex wrote:
> On 20 Jul 2005 08:27:15 -0700, "scallyte" <scallyte@mailinator.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Has any one recently found a darned Shadow Wolf Paw? It's required for
>>newbie Paladin armor, and I can't find the darned thing anywhere. I've
>>killed hundreds of wolves (shadow, black, misty, etc) in Qeynos,
>>Karanas, Commonlands, Misty Thicket. None of them has dropped a Paw.
>>I assume drops get cycled from area to area by Sony to baffle
>>players(?). None of the areas mentioned (MT, WK, etc) in usenet/web
>>searches I've done has turned up a paw. None at any vendors so far.
>>So back to my question:
>>
>>Has any one *recently* found a Shadow Wolf Paw?
>>
>>TIA
>
> _________________________
>
> Shadow Wolf paws are a rather rare drop that I have seen in East
> Commons and Nektulos. It only drops off Shadow Wolves.
>
> Unfortunately, these zones are rather difficult for a Newby Paladin to
> be in just now. You will probably get eaten by the higher level trols
> and DE's that are supposed to be marching through the Commonlands.
>
> ----Tydrex, Paladin of Marr

I seem to recall that I found mine many moons ago in Greater Faydark.
There was a sawn point for the Shadow Wolf not too far from the last
tent to he East of the Crushbone entrance. It was near a very large
stump. The nearby area proved to be a fertile hunting ground so I was
not bored while I killed everyone that spawned. I may have the
particulars wrong, but it was near there some where. Check with the
scrolls kept by Allakhazam (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/).

--
Fingon Grancoeur, Paladin of Resolute on Lucan D'Lere

scallyte wrote:
> Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. Yes, human paladin out of
> Qeynos. At least I know that there's hope of finding one of the things
> and I'll keep trying. I was beginning to think the things didn't exist
> in the game anymore. I don't really even much need the piece of armor
> at this point. It's just the principle of the thing. Shame about
> getting eaten by the trolls, lol, I'll probably try anyway though...
>
> Thanks
In west karana by the venders close to north karana zone is the only
place i ever got a paw from,I tryed all over the place for my pally
armor quest and thats the only place i ever seen it drop..

On 22 Jul 2005 04:38:00 -0700, "Setwo" <Gintwo@gmail.com> wrote:

>scallyte wrote:
>> Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. Yes, human paladin out of
>> Qeynos. At least I know that there's hope of finding one of the things
>> and I'll keep trying. I was beginning to think the things didn't exist
>> in the game anymore. I don't really even much need the piece of armor
>> at this point. It's just the principle of the thing. Shame about
>> getting eaten by the trolls, lol, I'll probably try anyway though...
>>
>> Thanks
> In west karana by the venders close to north karana zone is the only
>place i ever got a paw from,I tryed all over the place for my pally
>armor quest and thats the only place i ever seen it drop..

_______

BTW, in East Commonlands, the Shadow wolves spawn/roam in the northern
half of the zone between the entrance to Nektulos to the West
Commonlands zone line. I once thought that no more than three could
ever be up at one time, but, to my surprise, I saw 5 of them there
last night. No paws, but dropped several tibias. You may have to
kill 20+ to get a paw, and it may be a long hunt.

Was checking zone to see if it is safe now. Couldn't find any more
Dark Elf military, and the guards were back, as were several
lowby-looking players. Appears safe.

North Ro, on the other hand, has the Troll Army Comanded by level 70
DE's. Standing there, near the docks, facing Freeport.

----Tydrex

Tydrex wrote:
> On 22 Jul 2005 04:38:00 -0700, "Setwo" <Gintwo@gmail.com> wrote:

Woo hoooo! Found it today. I had given up hope, was going off to do
something, Shadow Wolf crossed my path, boom. Shadow Wolf Paw. It is
NOT no drop. I could have dropped it all day long. Vendor was willing
to give me two gold or eight gold or something, don't remember.
Needless to say, I didn't sell the darned thing, lol.

The Paw was on a SHADOW WOLF (Misty's et al may drop them as some
others say, but this was a Shadow Wolf) in West Karanas at /loc
-2829.23, -11939.72, 4.53, at Game Time /time ~6am.

Hope that helps someone else. I searched for weeks for the thing.